Help please...Trying to replace antenna receiver wire.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I crashed my DJI Phantom 2 vision + the other day, looks like I just need a new shell which I have ordered. But while removing the old one, I have accidentally damaged the wire that runs down the back of the left landing gear. Turns out it is one of the Antenna receiver wires. So I ordered a new one of those as well, but in the picture of the one I ordered it shows 2 wires coming from the actual receiver chip, where as mine only has one. The other wire which runs down the front right leg, leads to another chip altogether possibly the wi fi receiver. Can any one tell me why this is as I'm terribly confused. All I need to do I replace the actual wire that runs down the back left of the landing gear. Would I just be able to take one of the wires from the new receiver chip and swap it for the broken one? Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 518
  • ant.JPG
    ant.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 509
Both wires should attach to the receiver as shown. Note that they run in opposite directions, so it's hard to see the one that runs over the board.

The wifi unit antennas are the square plates inside the case on either side of the battery.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think i have broken something off? Are there 3 wires that run down the legs then?

CityZen said:
Both wires should attach to the receiver as shown. Note that they run in opposite directions, so it's hard to see the one that runs over the board.

The wifi unit antennas are the square plates inside the case on either side of the battery.

Dude thanks so much. On closer inspection i can now see the other wire that runs over the board. So that puts that to rest. The only other question is, is it going to be hard to replace the receiver? There is some of that white glue connecting some other parts to it. Is it safe to take it off?

The white glue is just there to make sure things don't wiggle loose by themselves. You can just pull off the connectors; the glue will break.
Remember which connector goes where.

You'll need to remove the 4 screws that hold the main board down in order to make clearance to remove the receiver. There are two screws that hold the receiver down. One is a little difficult to get to, but you can if you lift the main board a bit. Then just wiggle out the receiver from under all the wires.

CityZen said:
The white glue is just there to make sure things don't wiggle loose by themselves. You can just pull off the connectors; the glue will break.

The other ends of those wires go into the Naza and don't have glue... just leave the white glue... take good pictures before unplugging everything... unplug the ends with no glue on them... and the reassembly will look just like factory built.

Edit:

I was just thinking... I have an early build Vision + from preorder in April... mine might not be the same as newer builds regarding the white glue... but it's worth checking both ends of the wire before yanking things apart... I've had mine completely stripped down twice without removing any glue. :ugeek:

Does anybody know if I need to re apply some of that white glue? If so where can I get some from?

This is how it looks like after removing the glue from the transmitter and receiver

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417814877.163835.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417814877.163835.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 387
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417814899.651406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417814899.651406.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 391

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members