Help please - no power & constant beeping & flashing yellow

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just finished major heart surgery on my P2V as I transferred all the insides onto a Tarot 650 frame.

The swap went pretty smooth, everything fitted neatly and the only thing that was irreversible was that I soldered longer wires from the ESC's to the motors.

Went to power it up though and it does the usual boot up sound but there is another loud beep over top then a slightly quieter beep beep beep beep which is constant.

The main rear lights are flashing constant fast yellow and the little led on the circuit board is flashing alternative red and green.

The motors won't start by putting the joysticks down but it connects fine to the mobile app and I can see the camera view.

I can connect via USB to PC and no errors show up, it even updated some of the firmware but still all I get is the constant beeping.

Any ideas guys?

Re: Help please - no power & constant beeping & flashing yel

Can you post pics of your install!
Please ( detailed pics of each solder joint ) stuff like that.
Maybe we can SEE , if an error was made?
Thank you!

Have you checked ALL your connections? Sometimes the little
Pins ( in the connectors ) back out slightly ( looking like it is hooked up )
When actually is a bad connection, also I did a solder joint once that looked right
And tight, and when I gave it a tug, it came off? ( it was my fault ), but took me a while
To find it! I did 6 joints, 5 perfect, but 1 was faulty!

Please keep us informed, and hope I can or other friends here
Can offer you some insight! Project sounds cool! Can't wait to see it!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Thanks for the reply.

I have double and triple checked all connections. Unplugged every socket and plugged it back in. Re-soldered every wire again and gone over the ESC's with a magnifying glass. You know what they say though. Two eyes are better than one and I'd be thankful for any help at all.

Further to my previous post I noticed in the PC software that the sticks weren't showing any movement so I tried calibrating the controller. It failed and now get a calibration error.

Can you access these pics on my Google Drive?...
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5HeLw1N7bVIdU1vQWVEUFFCSUU&usp=sharing

You will see I filed some small semi-circles into the edges of the main board so it was a snug fit between the riser pegs but there was no circuitry that I could see in the way.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 464

Hello,
I really need better pics.
Of all 4 ESC's ( front / Back )
Also I see you altered the main board, notched it to fit posts, please check bottom of board, you may have cut through a circuit lead When notching it? ( just a guess, as I cannot see bottom of circuit board, also on the speed controls, check carefully top/bottom, you may have overheated the smaller circuits, surrounding solder joints, or caused another joint to fail, while soldering ( check all solder joints, yours, and factory ones, the heat may have caused other solder joints to melt and fail? Also can I see a pic of your NAZA-m unit installed ( as it is now on the new bird? ) everything is covered on new bird, so I can't see much. In your second pic ( stock phantom before removed electronics, there are several plugs in the NAZA unit, but later on new unit, seems to be missing something? Maybe you did it later, but I have no reference picture. Also check that your FIRMWARE installed correctly, I just updated mine tonight, and if failed, leading to a loud beep followed by not so loud beep ( like BEEP, beep, BEEP, beep, ect ) , blinking red LEDs the whole time, I reinstalled, rebooted, and was back to normal again?

If you can supply the extra pics, I can further scrutinize the project!

Thanks, and finished product looks sweet, we got to get it in the air!

Hi Jerry.

Thanks for your continued help.

I have uploaded some more pics for you to look at.

I really studied the main board before cutting those notches and was pretty certain there was nothing there to speak of.

The underside of the ESC's are completely blank white and totally unmarked.

I spoke to my local DJI supplier and they said it sounds like it could be the controller not seeing the receiver. This does make sense as when I looked at the PC software the stick movement wasn't showing. The odd thing is I didn't even unplug the separate receiver circuit board let alone do any soldering on it.

Hi, I'm certainly no expert but when I swapped out my receiver I unplugged the leads installed the new receiver plugged the receiver leads back in and I also had rapid flashing amber lights. Eventually I found that the leads not only plugged in wrong they were plugged in back to front. Do you know what I mean have you checked they are plugged in correctly including polarity etc

Hi Smatty

Did you get the beeping too? You wouldn't miss it. It's pretty scary as it sounds like a heart rate monitor in a hospital.

As I said though I didn't unplug my reciever when doing the swap. One side of the cables is still glued in and the other I have pulled out and plugged back in to check for loose connections but still nothing.

What made you change yours? Do they just go wrong?

Hi no I destroyed the pots trying to get them off to put new leads on for new 5.8ghz aerials from horizon fpv antennas. So I bought a new receiver board melted the pots off and put new ones on. Put it all back together got rapid flashing amber lights. Checked double checked the solder joints and tested signal all good. I found the connections round the wrong way AND back to front. Couldn't have got it more wrong if I tried but I don't think I got those sounds you are talking about, although I did got some dodgy noises as if it was hunting for a signal. Are you sure they are plugged into you main controller right?.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31