Help please. New GoPro bad pixel's or dust ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this is not the right place to ask this kind of question .... but im kind of desperated .... :( After my first fly with my GoPro 3+ Black on the phantom 2, when i was looking at the footage, i saw what if looks like a dust line or bad pixels ?? i really dont know what it is ..... i already contact GoPro customer suport, unfotunatley, i live in Mexico right now, and the GoPro was a gift from my brother who was in the states a month ago ...... so everything it via email right now with them and after more then a week i still dont have any answers from them. I already send them a video and images. The video didnt have the best quality for them to judge, so i send them images and im still waiting for an answer. They told me they will repleace the camera but they need to see what is it the im talking about. And for me its a boomer ... becouse it will take like a month to send it over and wait for the new one to come over here.
So if its a dust, im up to open and clean the sensor no problem, so i can start to shot some footage right away. Please let me know what do you think ....
For the record, the very first video and images the i shot with it, didnt have any line/mark on video or photo. I start to see one of them after i use it on the phantom ( i land and took off from a dusty kind of place ) Today i got a dust off air can, and i use it throu the mini usb port to see if in case its dust it will go away .. guess what .... a second line/spot shows up !!!! you can look at them, they also have some kind of violet color if you enlarge the image ....
Agein ... sorry if this shoud be on a gopro forum instead on this one ..... but this is the only forum i realy on it right now and im part of ...
Any advice from you guys will be more then welcome ... becouse im 1/2 of step ready to open it ..... and in that case, void the warranty.
Thank you so much for your time and help.

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 314
If the camera is under warranty, send it back. The defect is either the inside of the lens or the CMOS light sensor chip. There is nothing you can do to correct the problem. I have has the same problem.

Hi Jerry, i took a deep look inside the lens with a jewlery lope and its perfectley clean, like i mention, the first time the i shoot with it, the images video and photo, were clear, no mark/dust. Thats whats keeps me wondering what it is. If its a sensor, i doubt it will just happend from nothing, in my way of thinking and also experience as a professional photographer, it very wired .... and the wiredest thing is that after i use the dust off air, ( throu the mini usb ) the other bottom line shows up .....
I i were in the states i woudnt think about it for a second about to exchange it, but im in Mexico, ..... and thats make the hole difference to me .... :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik