Help please, mini osd not working

Reaction score
Hi all, noob here, I've just bought the fat shark attitude v2 kit, mini iosd and the mini iosd to fpv cable from firstpersonnview, I've installed everything how I think it should be but am getting no osd, the camera feed to goggles is fine though. I've upgraded the iosd to latest fw and all I get is a flashing green light, so the question is.. have I wired it up correctly, do I have a faulty unit, or is the cable not right? I am using the cam provided in the goggle bundle not a go pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers Lee

If you aren't seeing any IOSD info then it is either the wiring is incorrect or the IOSD is faulty. The flashing green means that it's receiving data I think.

Even if you don't have the camera connected to the IOSD, you'd stll get IOSD data being sent back so the camera shouldn't make a difference.

Have you connected the osd to your computer and updated it? If not you need to do so. That's more than like likely the reason if you have not done so.

tupes said:
Have you connected the osd to your computer and updated it? If not you need to do so. That's more than like likely the reason if you have not done so.

You'd still get some output from the IOSD without the update though.... you just wouldn't get any data.

Agreed, if there is no OSD output at all, something isn't wired correctly.

Thanks all, maybe I got the wrong cable ?? I got this one

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables ... ransmitter

perhaps that one is for a go pro camera, and I should of brought this one

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables/iosd-mini-cable

however with that one I fail to see how the transmitter get's power, sureley the small white connector goes to the camera and the larger white one goes into the mini, is another cable needed to go from the transmitter to the cam out on the p2?, i'm so confused :(

I am having the same issue. I am fully updated, flashing light, iOSD icons on screen, no live data. Should I assume it is defective?

EDIT: The seller has agreed to replace it. Sure hope that is the problem.

LuvMyTJ said:
I received a replacement iOSD and all works as intended so problem solved, I had a defective iOSD.

That's good news. It's a real 'weight off' when you finally get something like that resolved :) Happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj