Help please Limp Gimbal/Camera

OK so checked the numbering on the new ribbon cable and it matches my other P3's so guess they just don't seal the top with the black DJI cardboard top like other parts.

Anyways, I replaced all cables using the part42 cable set with the exception of the usb connector and the 2 wire set that goes to the battery plug. Reseated all gimbal connections and NO DICE. I also notice the red/green indicator light on the camera does not light up at all. I read the other threads about FW 1.9.60 possibly frying camera boards and I'm wondering if that's what happened here. Like I said, this was an ebay P3 that was crashed and user claims it did not go down in water and I found no evidence of that. I think this camera board is fried. I even tried putting and SD with FW 1.08.0080 and no luck. :mad:

Sucks big time, but you have no control over or under the universe.

A backup unit would have come in very handy. ;-)
Buy one, and return it, gently used!! Ha

RedHotPoker
Karma ????? Waiting for a decent alternative to DJI as a back up.

We all get the shaft, on occasion, So don't feel alone. Ha
For decent alternative to DJI drones, Please see the Autel website. ;-)

RedHotPoker

OK so checked the numbering on the new ribbon cable and it matches my other P3's so guess they just don't seal the top with the black DJI cardboard top like other parts.

Anyways, I replaced all cables using the part42 cable set with the exception of the usb connector and the 2 wire set that goes to the battery plug. Reseated all gimbal connections and NO DICE. I also notice the red/green indicator light on the camera does not light up at all. I read the other threads about FW 1.9.60 possibly frying camera boards and I'm wondering if that's what happened here. Like I said, this was an ebay P3 that was crashed and user claims it did not go down in water and I found no evidence of that. I think this camera board is fried. I even tried putting and SD with FW 1.08.0080 and no luck. :mad:

Any luck?? I am having the same issue. No crash nor hard landings, just stopped transmitting video and I also noticed that the light on the gimbal doesnt turn on, neither does the fan....the rest of the drone flies great but having this limp gimbal issue....

Any luck?? I am having the same issue. No crash nor hard landings, just stopped transmitting video and I also noticed that the light on the gimbal doesnt turn on, neither does the fan....the rest of the drone flies great but having this limp gimbal issue....

Not yet. I haven't had free time. I may have some time this weekend to mess around. I also have some other working cameras so I think my first step will be to disconnect the bad camera from the board and connect it to a known working board. If it works, then I'll know that the board is fried. If it still doesn't work, then I'll try with a new ribbon cable. It sounds like you may be in the same situation. @hunch has mentioned that it is very common to have fried P3 camera gimbal main boards. Especially after doing a firmware update. It seems like the last FW was very suspect in causing these boards to fry.

Not yet. I haven't had free time. I may have some time this weekend to mess around. I also have some other working cameras so I think my first step will be to disconnect the bad camera from the board and connect it to a known working board. If it works, then I'll know that the board is fried. If it still doesn't work, then I'll try with a new ribbon cable. It sounds like you may be in the same situation. @hunch has mentioned that it is very common to have fried P3 camera gimbal main boards. Especially after doing a firmware update. It seems like the last FW was very suspect in causing these boards to fry.

I had this same issue - I replaced a bunch of cables with no luck as well... have in and sent to DJI - they repaired and shipped back for free. It was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's great. Unfortunately, this one is an eBay crash n burn that I rolled the dice on. I'm repairing them for the fun/challenge and possibility of getting a bargain :)

Update from my first post. Had to send it in to DJI and they have repaired it, no charge even though I was out of warranty period. Haven't got it back yet and am wondering if I will get a report on what they fixed, which they don't normally do but if they do I will update this post.
As an added comment, most aircraft schedule maintenance after a certain number of hours, and IMO the warranty on our aircraft should follow this principle, i.e. 100 hours rather than after 6 months or a year MY P3P was my back up to an Inspire, so after 1 year I had only flown 4 hours 27 minutes with the Phantom. Had DJI not repaired it free of charge, I would have been throwing the toys out of the cot. As it was they did it free of charge so I'm not complaining and give credit to DJI for this and the quick turn around on the repair.

Well I had some time today (HOURS) to mess with this. Turned out I was doomed. Was a bad board AND ribbon cable. I'm pissed about the ribbon cable more than the board. Because I ordered from Amazon without really paying attention. It said DJI Part 49 but it must be a shitty knock-off. When I checked the item in my order history it says sold by: XtremeAmazing--Ships from USA. I hate when a vendor pulls sneaky crap like that. What a waste. Anyways, camera is working fine now with a new board and legit DJI cable.

Here's both cables for comparison. The one out of the packaging is the bad cable.
IMG_1475381551.876354.jpg

Well I had some time today (HOURS) to mess with this. Turned out I was doomed. Was a bad board AND ribbon cable. I'm pissed about the ribbon cable more than the board. Because I ordered from Amazon without really paying attention. It said DJI Part 49 but it must be a shitty knock-off. When I checked the item in my order history it says sold by: XtremeAmazing--Ships from USA. I hate when a vendor pulls sneaky crap like that. What a waste. Anyways, camera is working fine now with a new board and legit DJI cable.

Thanks for the update.
Im thinking mine is an issue with the board as well. I tried with a different gimbal and it works fine, so definitely the board is fried. I read in a couple of threads that DJI updates may have caused this! They keep messing up the updates and burning stuff...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik