HELP !!!! Phantom does not power up

Reaction score
I changed to Naza Mode last night. Calibrated everything and switched off. This morning, I went out to test. Everything light up, calibrated compass, obtained good GPS ( 9-10 ). Lighted up my ciggie, pull down the sticks and ... nothing. Props remain idle and no engine. Came home, switch back to Phantom mode. Still no props power.. Please help. Am a noobie so go easy on me.. Thanks in advance.

Place on grass for take off or on card board box.
Check compass error warnings. Is she flashing error codes?
Check if transmitter is bounded. Redo the transmitter calibration in both rc and phantom assist.
Check if you are in mode 1 or 2. Different mode means different csc.
Check battery level.
Do an IMU on leveled surface when phantom is cold.

Hi, Have you tried pushing the sticks to top centre to turn on? Mine had a funny 5 minutes where all the controls went opposite.

Worth a try

I have been holding off switching to Naza and this seems to reinforce my decision. I'll stay tuned here to see the results - thanks for posting this. I'll get there eventually, but at the moment there is not enough benefit for Naza considering this effect and others I have seen.

slothead said:
I have been holding off switching to Naza and this seems to reinforce my decision. I'll stay tuned here to see the results - thanks for posting this. I'll get there eventually, but at the moment there is not enough benefit for Naza considering this effect and others I have seen.
There's is nothing wrong with naza mode ! Except for newbies not understanding it ,you do understand that naza mode is the norm in all other phantoms and othe naza quads ?

Mori55 said:
slothead said:
There's is nothing wrong with naza mode ! Except for newbies not understanding it ,you do understand that naza mode is the norm in all other phantoms and othe naza quads ?
First, Eddie, please pardon the momentary distraction of this exchange - I don't want to hi-jack the thread.
Mori, you hit the nail on the head! I never said there was anything wrong with Naza, I just don't trust myself with it yet. The more familiarity I can gain from other's operating errors (if that is the case here), the better I equipped I will be to make my own switch successfully.

Thanks,

If you keep the switches in the up position there's no difference at all. Nice to have failsafe on the switch instead of turning the transmitter off. Plu home lock can save you if you are flying farther away and get disoriented.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread

Make sure that your switches are in the up position for take off. If the right hand switch has been bumped down into fail safe it won't power up. Happened to me once before I realised what was going on.

slothead said:
I have seen many of your posts and can't believe you. I think naza mode is a more safe mode to fly, and that you are more than prepare to take on it. Try it and I'm sure will not go back. ;) And also my excuses to Eddie

eddieputera said:
I changed to Naza Mode last night. Calibrated everything and switched off. This morning, I went out to test. Everything light up, calibrated compass, obtained good GPS ( 9-10 ). Lighted up my ciggie, pull down the sticks and ... nothing. Props remain idle and no engine. Came home, switch back to Phantom mode. Still no props power.. Please help. Am a noobie so go easy on me.. Thanks in advance.

Make sure both S1 and S2 switch are in the up position and some very basic information, what code do the rear LED's show before and during you try to arm the motors?

slothead said:

For home lock alone it is worth switching to Naza mode. I'm amazed that you're still holding out Slotty Boy. As others have said, both switches up = exactly the same flight mode, so why not? It's a no-brainer IMHO.

:D :D :D

Guys guys.. hahaha.. my bad.. ok noobie syndrome. I somehow fiddled with the joysticks.. I reversed the throttle when I was monkeying around in DJI assistant. The guy at the store I got it from fixed it in less than a second. Hey thanks guys for chipping in. appreciate it much. Loving this forum already.. Hoping for a blue sky tomorrow. Take care guys.

So it is not the Naza problem whatsoever. Bloody friggin user error..

slothead said:
OK Guys (sorry to interrupt again Eddie), lay off. I'll go do it. I'm pleased to hear that you got your joystick confusion solved Eddie!

You'll love it! I especially like the Home Lock position.

slothead said:
OK Guys (sorry to interrupt again Eddie), lay off. I'll go do it. I'm pleased to hear that you got your joystick confusion solved Eddie!

Cheers Slotty.. let's go Naza ourselves silly

eddieputera said:
Guys guys.. hahaha.. my bad.. ok noobie syndrome. I somehow fiddled with the joysticks.. I reversed the throttle when I was monkeying around in DJI assistant. The guy at the store I got it from fixed it in less than a second. Hey thanks guys for chipping in. appreciate it much. Loving this forum already.. Hoping for a blue sky tomorrow. Take care guys.

So it is not the Naza problem whatsoever. Bloody friggin user error..

For future reference, to resolve this issue, please start the RC assist and plug your controller in. Nominate mode 2, which is widely known and used in the RC community. CSC (control stick combo) = both sticks down and inwards to start/stop phantom

If you nominate mode 1, CSC = both sticks down and outwards to start/stop phantom.

And please use the throttle down for 3 seconds method to shut motors. This stops from tilting over.

And in regards to NAZA, turn it on if you understand it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4