Help Phantom 4 Propellers.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently had a bit of a minor bump with my drone everything's functioning normal... I think. (Thank God!) but the one of the three propellers seems looser in its fitting than the others when they are all fully attached and locked secure in place is there anything I can do to secure it a little more?

When I lift three of the four props up they don't move on the fourth one theres a bit of give and looseness.

Thanks in Advance.

Will try and post a video later on.

Have you checked that the three screws fixing the propellor mount to the motor are all tightly secured?....it sounds as though this may be your problem. Also check the mounts for any signs of broken parts.

Oh no I have not - i'll give them a look later on! if they are secure what else do you think maybe the issue?

If the screws are all tight, it's possible that there's damage to one of the three plastic posts on the mount, or possibly to the inside of the propellor. You could try fitting the prop from the motor which has no movement to the "damaged" motor and see if that shows the same looseness....if it does, and you're sure the screws are tight, I would suspect that it's damage to the posts.

If the white plastic assembly that holds on the prop isn't damaged or loose, check the metal tabs located underneath the white plastic assembly. There are three of them and they act as springs supplying the tension that holds the prop in place. They might have been bent down slightly.

Compare them with the metal tabs on the other motors. If they have been bent flat, you can use a small screwdriver to pry them up slightly so they match the others.

Hey rocky dog & jwt873

Thanks for your help it all looks much more secure now! can't have the props flying off mid take off or flight :/

the screwdriver tip was handy also i'll carry one around with me now, i think the nature of putting on and taking off the props means that over time they get a little loose and the metal bits need prying up slightly every so often.

Thanks again!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav