help, phantom 2 tx & receiver on the FC40

Reaction score
hello need some info on this, I just got a phantom 2 tx & receiver given to me, want to use it on the FC40, can I just put it on, bind it? and how do I calibrate the radio ? do I do this in the FC40 setup thing,? or better yet if some one knows what I need to do, can you tell me thanks. im learning to do FPV . I tried doing it with the flip 260 but its a bit tricky , with the help of the FC40 GPS its a lot easier, training wheels ;) its not as easy as it looks, just want to get some hrs in on the FC40 before trying the flip. I see those guys flying these things, they must have put a ton of hours in to get where they are. thanks for any advice on this

First, are you sure it's from a regular P2 and not a P2V/P2V+?

Is there a particular reason you want to use that in place of the stock FC40 controller?

yes I want to use it, I already have the camera & everything else. its from the phantom with the smart battery ill check with my brother to find out which one it is, but what will I need to do to get it to work?

Which camera do you have already?

All versions of the P2 (P2/P2V/P2V+) use the smart battery, but they don't all use the same Rx, so you'll need to know that first. Either way though, it will be a matter of unplugging the old Rx plugging in the new one just the same. You just need to be careful about what Tx/Rx/camera combination you're using...otherwise you can create interference that will lead to a crash.

ok thanks. the reason for doing this is because I want to use 5.8 camera stuff, this way I can use my camera on both. would really like to use my dx8 but that would mean buying a new rx, So when I have to calibrate TX, I would do it the same as the FC40?

Ok, as long as your new one is from a plain Phantom 2, not a Vision or Vision+ you'll be fine. And yes the process for calibrating the controller is the same as with the FC40, except the USB port on the controller will probably be on the outside of the shell. Connect the controller to the PC and run the RC Assistant software to calibrate that, then hook up the Phantom and calibrate the sticks in the NAZA assistant.

Ok, but I think it is from a phantom 2vision ,so you say that won't work? Why? Sorry for the dumb ? Thanks for your help

You can't use one from the Vision or Vision+ if you're going to use 5.8GHz FPV gear, those use the same frequencies for control and would have dangerous interference as a result.

got it all working over the weekend, hell of a lot easier to learn FPV on this than the flip 260, just need to get a bunch of stick time in with gps before I hit manual flight, that little 260 can move, I bet it can get 60 mph in seconds, so using the fc40 should be a great set of training wheels for the fatsharks, now to find some trees :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.