help! P3P camera circuit board cable clip damaged!

Reaction score
Hey guys in a world of trouble have a damaged cable clip on the 4k circuit board.

Options are limited $550.00 buy new camera and gimble!?

Find as is damaged camera and salvage the circuit board?

Anyone have any other ideas ? Is it even feasible to re solder a clip on in the unlikely event I even could find a replacement ribbon cable clip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 706
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 689
looks like a circuit board would be the fix-- there should be some used ones out there by now for less that 550.00

looks like a circuit board would be the fix-- there should be some used ones out there by now for less that 550.00
I searched eBay and didn't come up with much I can get a adv camera for like $110 less so might as well get the 4k and the complete setup since I have a cracked gimbal arm that I glued together anyways.

Do you have any idea what p3p camera/gimbals are worth in AS IS condition ? My camera is fine it's just the clip that is messed up and that was my fault was replacing the ribbon cable and my hand slipped and pulled on the ribbon at a bad angle and pulled a corner out on the clip .

As a whole I am so disgusted at Dji as a brand and this piece of **** drone. It is full of bugs and issues wish I never would have bought this thing. Only on the rare occasions when everything works fine is it enjoyable but other than that it is a nightmare trying to work on it, repair it and find parts.

Sorry needed to rant a little been a long week

Put put out a thread on Classifieds Gimbal Mount Wanted-- damaged or undamaged-- may get some hits. Also put one on RC groups and any other groups that cater to P3-- I have a suspicion tht you might catch what you need. If someone answers with damaged-- then you just have to see if the circuit board is intact and the plug in for the ribbon cable is good. Good Luck:)
Hope you find one soon. Otherwise, market you Phantom is as is condition and you my get a decent offer and apply in to a new bird. The demand for used P3's and the used parts will only grow.

Reactions: Stephan
Hey guys in a world of trouble have a damaged cable clip on the 4k circuit board.

Anyone have any other ideas ? Is it even feasible to re solder a clip on in the unlikely event I even could find a replacement ribbon cable clip
Had that happen on my ps3 (playstation) ....i used some flux and soldered cable to the pins (let it flow). Just an idea before replacement. $550 ain't cheap

Had that happen on my ps3 (playstation) ....i used some flux and soldered cable to the pins (let it flow). Just an idea before replacement. $550 ain't cheap
Way to small at least my skill level wouldn't be able to solder cable to cable

Wait wait wait.........man that SUCKS! There has to be a way....brb, opening the Google machine.

You can send it to DJI and have it repaired for far less than the cost of a full on replacement camera. Just needs new surface mounted connector. Alternatively you can find a local tech proficient at surface mount soldering to replace the connector.

if you don't want to be without the Phantom on the other hand it's more cost effective to buy a whole new unit then sell your other unit for parts. You'll make more money that way.

Reactions: mphsjeep
floridanick,
i have couple of complete camera boards with lens from previous repairs.
let me know if interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl