Help: P3A Prop Guard Screw Issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I bought a set of Snap on/off prop guards from eBay. It claims to "Fit All Versions". I measured the screws to be 12mm. But if I am not mistaken, isn't it supposed to be 10mm for the Phantom 3s? Does it matter? Thanks.

No it should fit it maybe not very tight or snap all the way in
In case this happens use the propellers screw in spots as a screw for you prop guards.

Ps Don't buy from eBay trust me....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The screws will be slightly longer due to them compensating for the added material of the prop guards. However, some who purchased prop guards from eBay and other 3rd party sites have found the longer screws when tightened down too much caused the motors to either fail or issue warnings of ESC errors.
Be extremely careful when tightening them down.

The screws will be slightly longer due to them compensating for the added material of the prop guards. However, some who purchased prop guards from eBay and other 3rd party sites have found the longer screws when tightened down too much caused the motors to either fail or issue warnings of ESC errors.
Be extremely careful when tightening them down.
Should I sand down 2mm off? Could that be a possible solution?

No that will mess up the lock for the screws it will lead to worse situations...
Just be careful when tightening the screws.

No that will mess up the lock for the screws it will lead to worse situations...
Just be careful when tightening the screws.

Yep. Tightened it, and all works fine. But now it won't fit in the case anymore. So I have to use a scissor to cut the foam, and now it looks quite ugly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Tightened it, and all works fine. But now it won't fit in the case anymore. So I have to use a scissor to cut the foam, and now it looks quite ugly...

Two things:
1. Use a long sharp kitchen knife to cut your foam in the case; it's much tidier.

2: Make sure you keep the original screws from your phantom. If you ever remove the prop guards, the longer screws will be too long and will screw staright into the base of your motors, destroying them.

cheers,
Ian

Razor knife, like a box cutter knife, or the kind that clicks out to reveal the blade.

Two things:
1. Use a long sharp kitchen knife to cut your foam in the case; it's much tidier.

2: Make sure you keep the original screws from your phantom. If you ever remove the prop guards, the longer screws will be too long and will screw staright into the base of your motors, destroying them.

cheers,
Ian
Bought a exacto knife, That should do the trick. Thanks :)

Very true don't fly with them at high speeds you may have the props hit them...

Reactions: Droneted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.