Help! P2V+ not powering on

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently got a Phantom 2 Vision+ from a friend of mine and I can't seem to get it to power on. I did the normal power on procedure, but upon holding the power button on the drone for 2-5 seconds, the red battery light would just blink and then power off. The battery is fully charged and fully inserted into the drone. Anyone have an idea of what could fix this so I can get this bird up in the air?

The power sequence can be confusing... just to be sure:

Press and release, then press and hold until the led's begin sequentially lighting up.

Is this exactly what you are doing?

That is what I am doing based off of the videos i've seen.

Press and release
Press and hold
Red battery light blinks.

and all the green lights scroll up on the battery? i know its another dumb question but i wanted to call it out. I assume you only have one battery too? look where the battery goes into the bird at the connections on the left hand side of the battery slot, do they look ok, any damage to the pins, both the big and and small ones?

Good info. DDP but the battery should 'turn on' even if out of the a/c.

Have you tried turning it on outside of the a/c NFW?

Help my phantom 2 vision plus battery not charging phantom and app shows the battery is empty yet power on the battery it shows its full but on the last flight it was depleted only one bar please any help

OK, so stupid me went derp when it came to starting the drone start-up procedure. I would push the button once for the battery lights to come on, wait for those to turn off then press and hold again for 2 seconds and that would cause the battery light to blink. Didn't know I had to press it again while the initial lights were on (thanks YouTube for not mentioning that). So I got that sorted.

Next thing is that now the drone is on, the underbody lights are flashing a rapid yellow which I believe is no remote signal. How do I pair up my replacement remote to the drone? I believe I need a new QR code from my understanding, but I've e-mailed DJI in regards to it and haven't received a response back to it.

You should Google "How to bind DJI Phantom 2" or similar.

Also d-load the manual too if you haven't yet. It contains this info and lots more you're bound to need to know soon.

underneath the P2 there is a small blinking light (red). keep controller off and turn on a bird. now use small screwdriver and press
that blinking light (it's a button switch) and hold until it starts blinking yellow. now turn the controller on.
VOILA! you're bound to the controller.
don't forget to calibrate the controller in RC software and then again in P2 software under Basic - RC

Alright, so I got everything working for the most part. Controller is binded to the drone and the phone app is up and running...sorta. Range extender is working and my phone and a few of my friend's phones are able to connect to the wifi range extender.

Here's my next problem (and I've perused the owner's manual and a few YouTube videos):

The app so far has connected to the range extender, but whenever I select the Camera icon on the app, the wi-fi disconnects and the app says "Phantom Connection Broken".

Per this youtube video, I updated the camera's firmware using the SD card, and I'm assuming I did it right with the light turning solid green and all. Oddly enough, my computer recognized the file as a VLC media file, but I renamed it anyways.

Anyways, did the update and hopped back into the DJI Vision App, went to the About section, and it still says the Camera's firmware is N/A and so is the NAZA (?) firmware is N/A as well. I'm guessing that's why I'm not getting camera feedback to my phone app. How do I get the DJI Vision app to recognize the drone's camera?

Also, is there a USB specific cable for the drone and remote? I have a generic one that I used to plug the controller and drone into my laptop and it recognizes neither units when plugged in and with the Assistance program running.

Ok, I managed to get my drone and controller to work with the Assistance program and it picks it up just fine. the DJI Vision app still isn't picking up signal from the camera though. App still says camera firmware is N/A and so is the NAZA-M. Camera screen says Wi-FI Disconnect and Phantom Connection Broken. Do I need to reset the range extender again or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers