Help on Cases

Reaction score
Microraptor Pro cases are very nice (I own three). Another great option is the Go Professional case (I own this one too). While the quality is equal to the Microraptor Pro, it's a bit taller. For that reason, I'd pick the Microraptor Pro over it.

The Microraptor Pro and ToughCase are the same case. The difference is the interior design.

I have one of these cases too. The case itself is nice, but I was not too impressed with the interior. The top layer of foam has a thin foam layer that is glued on. And, it just doesn't have a good fit and finish (on my case anyhow). I do have a pre-production version of the case, so I'm assuming the thin top layer is a normal thing they do.

The Microraptor Pro and Go Professional cases both have a solid top layer that is water cut. Here's a video that shows how they are made (skip to the middle):

Reactions: Seachief
I ordered the Nanuk 950 with mine... Don't have it yet though, should be here tomorrow. we'll see

I ordered the Nanuk 950 with mine
Please report back and let us know what you think. I'm interested to hear whether or not it's like my case.

I have the same case but in yellow. Love it. Tons of storage for all the trinkets and beads that you will accumulate for the phantom. The bird can store inside with blades on or off. My case is top quality in all aspects IMHO.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449092922.243745.jpg

Reactions: Jedidroner
I was really torn between that 945 and the 950... both look to be great, i hope i like mine as much as you do

Nanuk 950 Dji. Great heavy duty case perfect if u fly/travel with your drone. It is wheeled and has room for everything. Waterproof and it looks great.

Nice to know the 945 is good. I thought about the 950 but I do not need the travel wheels and handle.

Love the yellow look but decided on black and going with a different white decal.

Reactions: stealthbomber
Cases by Source offers Phantom 3 cases. Check out this one:

CasePro ELITE DJI Phantom 3 Drone Carry-On Hard Case - CPE-PHAN3-CO | Cases By Source

It has wheels and a handle, but it's still carry-on size, so you can take it on a plane. Also, you don't have to worry about the holes in the foam being random. You can customize the foam insert to fit whatever you want to put in there. This particular case also features the new RecoCell Foam, which cradles your drone and its accessories super gently, but also keeps them perfectly still inside the case so they don't get damaged.

Cases by Source offers Phantom 3 cases. Check out this one:

CasePro ELITE DJI Phantom 3 Drone Carry-On Hard Case - CPE-PHAN3-CO | Cases By Source

It has wheels and a handle, but it's still carry-on size, so you can take it on a plane. Also, you don't have to worry about the holes in the foam being random. You can customize the foam insert to fit whatever you want to put in there. This particular case also features the new RecoCell Foam, which cradles your drone and its accessories super gently, but also keeps them perfectly still inside the case so they don't get damaged.

So do you really have to put the little blue foam pieces under the arms every time like it shows? :rolleyes:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450474902.974690.jpg

I purchased this case and I am very happy with the quality and durability. This is basically a 5.11 backpack with very nice foam. It has a lot of optional storage as well that it is easily adaptable as carry-on luggage when you fly.

I have the same case but in yellow. Love it. Tons of storage for all the trinkets and beads that you will accumulate for the phantom. The bird can store inside with blades on or off. My case is top quality in all aspects IMHO.

View attachment 37045

Where'd you get the decal? Very cool...

-slinger

b1a2ed281d08d4a69bc3ef18c391c680.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Nanuk. Lots of room for tools, props, hood, three batteries and more.

Last edited:
I had a hard case, and returned it. Primarily because getting in and out of my high $ car it tended to get banged around a lot and added some nicks and bumps to my trunk that I didn't like. So I traded in for a softshell backpack with internal foam. I got the drone Trekker by polar Pro. Nice product, no regrets.

Reactions: Richard Walker
Got my P3P and thanks to all you peeps who suggested a Nanuk case. Liking it a bunch... :) One of the nicest features of this case, IMHO, is the piece of foam that goes over the camera/gimbal before you put the aircraft in the box. Real nice idea...

upload_2017-1-8_16-19-0.png

upload_2017-1-8_16-19-20.png

upload_2017-1-8_16-19-35.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Walker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4