HELP! Nightmare with DJI "Customer Service"

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest how I resolve this issue with DJI Customer Service?

I contacted DJI to ask if they could resolve the problem I was having that the right side of my images are blurry. By email, I was told to do a series of things, like make sure the firmware was updated and so on, that had no effect on image quality. After three days of this back and forth DJI sent me an RMA and I returned the drone.

A week later DJI said they received my drone and sent me a proposed invoice to replace the main control board because the drone had been involved in a crash on its last flight.

I contacted DJI by phone and spoke with someone in the Philippines. I explained that the repair invoice I received must have been for someone else's drone because I did not have any crash and I had sent my drone for service because images were blurry. Would it be possible, I asked, to have the technician look at my drone again and let me know what if anything could be done to fix the blurry images?

I was told that DJI would get back to me in 24 hours. That came and went and I placed the call again. This time I was told that it would be 24 to 48 hours before I got any response. Still no response. In the meantime, I emailed DJI twice. Still no response at all. There seems to be a wall around the folks in LA that actually work on the drone and the people I reach on the DJI customer support number who seem to be in South East Asia or beyond.

Any suggestions as to how I can get DJI to move on this and address the problem with my drone rather than someone else's?

Can anyone suggest how I resolve this issue with DJI Customer Service?

I contacted DJI to ask if they could resolve the problem I was having that the right side of my images are blurry. By email, I was told to do a series of things, like make sure the firmware was updated and so on, that had no effect on image quality. After three days of this back and forth DJI sent me an RMA and I returned the drone.

A week later DJI said they received my drone and sent me a proposed invoice to replace the main control board because the drone had been involved in a crash on its last flight.

I contacted DJI by phone and spoke with someone in the Philippines. I explained that the repair invoice I received must have been for someone else's drone because I did not have any crash and I had sent my drone for service because images were blurry. Would it be possible, I asked, to have the technician look at my drone again and let me know what if anything could be done to fix the blurry images?

I was told that DJI would get back to me in 24 hours. That came and went and I placed the call again. This time I was told that it would be 24 to 48 hours before I got any response. Still no response. In the meantime, I emailed DJI twice. Still no response at all. There seems to be a wall around the folks in LA that actually work on the drone and the people I reach on the DJI customer support number who seem to be in South East Asia or beyond.

Any suggestions as to how I can get DJI to move on this and address the problem with my drone rather than someone else's?
When you call thier support. Hit 1 for rma assistance. Make sure you are calling U.S. number. Tell them you are not getting support. Good luck on getting a good English speaking person. Out of 10 calls I made in last 8 days, only had one speak English that I could understand. And still no further than I was eight days ago when my P4 decided to fly off on it's own and have no clue where it's at because no one can read the flight pattern. Good luck!

Reactions: flpholt
When you call thier support. Hit 1 for rma assistance. Make sure you are calling U.S. number. Tell them you are not getting support. Good luck on getting a good English speaking person. Out of 10 calls I made in last 8 days, only had one speak English that I could understand. And still no further than I was eight days ago when my P4 decided to fly off on it's own and have no clue where it's at because no one can read the flight pattern. Good luck!

Wow - sorry to hear about your own horror story with DJI service and their products. DJI obviously outsources their customer service hotline but they don't seem to have much feedback from the call ins to the technicians. Dealing with DJI is far worse than any insurance company I've ever had to deal with.

About your fly away, have you been able to look at the flight map and video that is automatically stored on your iPad or whatever moniter you use in the DJI Go App? You can access the info on all of your flights by touching the airplane icon on the top left portion of the screen in the Go app.

Wow - sorry to hear about your own horror story with DJI service and their products. DJI obviously outsources their customer service hotline but they don't seem to have much feedback from the call ins to the technicians. Dealing with DJI is far worse than any insurance company I've ever had to deal with.

About your fly away, have you been able to look at the flight map and video that is automatically stored on your iPad or whatever moniter you use in the DJI Go App? You can access the info on all of your flights by touching the airplane icon on the top left portion of the screen in the Go app.

Tried everything possible. My flight record for that day of losing my drone apparently is corrupt. Its a mixture of Chinese numerals and letters. No one can read it. 74 out of 75 flights were all recorded ok. That day, my 75th flight is all corrupt. Even the last flight didn't show up on the dji go app. However a 6 second video was recorded, but it is all garbled and can not even see anything legible. It didn't even record a crash. But yet all my preflight checks that day was normal, my home point was set, compass calibrated and had the go head safe to fly. I have no clue what happened
And I have not been able to talk to one tech yet in the last 8 days. Not really happy about this.

Maybe I should get about a 1000 feet of paracord to tether mine so it doesn't fly away. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Sepesy
There are specific hours when the team comes online.
What hours? Been trying for 8 days. All hours, except past 2 am- 6 am in the morning since I do need sleep. Hasn't worked yet.

My post is not to complain about the P4. It's the support. If you build and mass market a product and say it's the best, the support should be there when the product is not at it's best. 9 days now, and not even one step closer to locating my drone. Not even as much as a follow up from DJI. If they can not analyze my flight record, then there was a definite problem. Why run me around for 9 days?

Tried everything possible. My flight record for that day of losing my drone apparently is corrupt. Its a mixture of Chinese numerals and letters. No one can read it. 74 out of 75 flights were all recorded ok. That day, my 75th flight is all corrupt. Even the last flight didn't show up on the dji go app. However a 6 second video was recorded, but it is all garbled and can not even see anything legible. It didn't even record a crash. But yet all my preflight checks that day was normal, my home point was set, compass calibrated and had the go head safe to fly. I have no clue what happened
And I have not been able to talk to one tech yet in the last 8 days. Not really happy about this.

curious, it just flew away? you put it into atti mode and even then it just flew all over randomly?

thanks

curious, it just flew away? you put it into atti mode and even then it just flew all over randomly?

thanks
No. I was too close to a tree line. Drone wents nuts going in all different directions. Then lost sight. Heard the motors, then sounded as though it just drifted away. A horrible sound I may add.

When switching to atti, my experience is it immediately wants to drop altitude. Plus you have to be aware of the 6 axis points. Which I was not.

Wierd thing is, it never said I lost signal. It would not return to home. It's like my firmware or DJI go app software just went nuts. I really have no explanation as to what happened. All I know is I lost total control.

DJI also has that live chat thingy. Might try that. Another method is to call the US number, select the option for sales, then ask to be transferred to the US support team.

I could not find the US Sales number but called the Service number one more time today. The operator I spoke with claimed that he was located in Carson, California, although I must say that his accent and limited command of the english language made me skeptical. Anyway he told me he would escalate my concern as soon as their system came back on line. I would be quite surprised if that happens.

BTW - I tried the online chat days ago and was told that I would have to contact DJI by email or phone for this problem. Obviously I have had no response by email and no action as a result of my several phone calls.

Reactions: Michael Sepesy
I could not find the US Sales number but called the Service number one more time today. The operator I spoke with claimed that he was located in Carson, California, although I must say that his accent and limited command of the english language made me skeptical. Anyway he told me he would escalate my concern as soon as their system came back on line. I would be quite surprised if that happens.

BTW - I tried the online chat days ago and was told that I would have to contact DJI by email or phone for this problem. Obviously I have had no response by email and no action as a result of my several phone calls.
Well good luck to you. I feel your pain. It's clear to me I made the wrong choice of a company that actuaully support their product.

You might go to the DJI forums and get a hold of the reps there. They are occasionally helpful getting through the system. Apparently there is no formal DJI representation here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic