HELP needed with Phantom 2 with gopro

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a gopro 4 with the wifi and touch screen can be used on the phantom 2. I have a gopro 3 on it now but looking to upgrade that's why I ask. And if the 4 is ok to use then when installed do I leave the wifi on or will that inter fear with the flight? N e thoughts on this would be great thank u

Welcome to the forum .
On the WiFi no your P2 flys on 2.4 and using WiFi could cause interference not good .
Are you using a gimbal ?

Yes I have the zenmuse 3d-h3 I just got the hole phantom I was flying it a few times with the gopro 3 because the fpv was static when it was flying so I was told to try a different camera. All help is appreciated

You where using the WiFi for fpv ?
If so do not do that you need
Transmitter (I use a immersion )5.8
Receiver/ Monitor ( I use BP)5.8
Iosd (not needed but recommended )
Good set of antennas .
Your cam should be fine I use the 3 , 3+ & 4 all with the same results . Like I said if your using wifi that is your problem .

Keep the Hero 3 and spend the money on FPV. And stop using wifi as it is interfering with your transmitter connection.
I do have fpv on it I guess my question is if I use the fpv and say I have the wifi on the hero 4 so I could use the gopro app on the phone to get pictures would they inter fear with each other I believe that's what I'm trying to ask cuz with the fpv I'm not able to take pictures on command and wanted that ability.

No not a good idea .
You can set up GP to take pics and vid at the same time .
Don't let that stop you if you want a 4 go for it it is a great cam just don't use WiFi ;)

I do have fpv on it I guess my question is if I use the fpv and say I have the wifi on the hero 4 so I could use the gopro app on the phone to get pictures would they inter fear with each other I believe that's what I'm trying to ask cuz with the fpv I'm not able to take pictures on command and wanted that ability.

First, what they are trying to say is that if the GoPro Wi-Fi is turned on, it will almost definitely interfere with you controlling the Phantom. The GoPro's Wi-Fi and the Phantom controller use the same frequency, so if you want to NOT loose your Phantom, you better keep the GoPro Wi-Fi turned off.

Second, if you are using FPV there is no reason to have the GoPro Wi-Fi turned on, it does nothing.

And as 750r said, set up the GoPro for Video+Photo. I just came in from a flight an hour ago with my Phantom set up that exact way. Works great...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj