Help needed with crash of Phantom 3 professional

Reaction score
Need some help with a crash that happened today. My son was flying my P3 Pro and it flew into the side of a tree ......or he flew it into the tree. I'm not sure what happened. It hit the tree and then the ground...and then back up in the air again. The crash results were two broken prop guards. Everything else seem to be working right now. I'm wondering if anyone could tell by looking at the attached log files and video if was pilot error or an error with something on the drone.

See the attached.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom....

Need some help with a crash that happened today. My son was flying my P3 Pro and it flew into the side of a tree ......I'm wondering if anyone could tell by looking at the attached log files and video if was pilot error or an error with something on the drone..
There's nothing in the HD report to show anything but normal flight conditions.
But the video showing sideways flight with so many trees close by hould be all the explanation needed.
Flying close to trees, buildings and other obstacles is the number one cause of crashes.

Reactions: QuadBart
+1 to what everyone has said so far, Pilot error.

Looks like someone was flying FPV and wasn't paying attention to the surroundings.
I think you maybe right. The more I look at the video. Focusing on the screen instead of the bird can get you in trouble.

I was hoping to be able to blame the tree.....But I THINK YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT PILOT ERROR!

Well... You can blame the tree if that makes you feel better. I'm sure you won't hurt the tree's feelings ;)

I am not trying to be negative here, but we need to start taking responsibility for our own actions. As soon as you push the throttle ahead you are saying, your a/c is safe, you are pilot in command, and you are responsible for what ever happens. After all, all trees have magnets build into them.:)

On a positive note you are extremely lucky having the damage limited to only a couple of broken prop guards. Usually, trees aren't that forgiving. Cheap, cheap, cheap lesson as far as I'm concerned.

I think the obvious solution here is to cut down all the trees on your property to create a safe flying zone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well we all make mistakes... And although I don't have any kids, I think it is good for kids to have interests such as this.If that is the worst a kid now days does they will end up being a little choir boy.

But having said that - it IS an expensive piece of hardware to be learning on. Much cheaper options available. I'm 63 years old and bought a $50 Syma X-11C to practice with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj