HELP needed quickly, may have order wrong mode

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm in the middle of a train wreck with Ebay where I ordered an FC40 on 12-21 and did not receive it as yet, even though the seller was paid. So amid all the hassle in applying for a refund, I got flustered and went to Newegg and ordered an FC40 for considerably more, but less than most places on the web. I was presented with two models, mode 1 and mode 2. I am currently flying a Dromida Kodo with the throttle on the LEFT, so I want to have my FC40 throttle on the left also. In addition, all the videos I have seen show the throttle on the left. I ordered mode 1 from Newegg and think I may have screwed up. I'm going back there now to cancel the order until I get some help here. Sorry for the urgent nature of the subject line, but I've really had it, trying to get my copter for ten days now. Thanks to all who may reply about modes.

hey jim and sue, thanks for the el speedo reply. just what I was looking for. going back to order now.

No need to panic as you can select/change to Mode 1 or Mode 2 via the FC40 Assistant Software you down load from Dji Site.

Thanks Fuji, I had no idea you could switch mode functionality. At any rate, I went back to Newegg and tried to order a Mode 2 unit, only to find out that every listing from every vendor on 20 pages was OUT OF STOCK!!! Earlier this morning, about six vendors showed IN STOCK. I have never seen an item disappear so quickly from available stock as I have the FC40. I finally spent another hour searching and found one at www.thenerds.net for $499, so I pulled the trigger on that one immediately. It has been a nightmare trying to get my hands on one of these, so I sure hope there's no problem with this one. BTW, a quick question: I've seen a number of posts on this forum about some required interaction with NAZA Assistant software on the drone and the controller BEFORE the first flight. But on a number of vendors' advertisements, they state "nothing to set up, just charge the batteries and fly". I know there's a certain amount of hardware setup, like compass cable, landing gear, camera attachment, etc.; but after that, can you fly or not? Thanks for any advice, because all I can do is study these forums and YouTube until I get my copter.

You do have to open the transmitter to be able to get access to the USB port inside it. But its real easy and just be careful to open it slowly so you dont pull out the antenna wires or any thing. Then you just install the assistant software from DJIs web site plug the usb in and run the "RC system assistant" software Then on the top of the software page stick mode selection and a choice for mode 1 or mode 2 also while you are in there and if you want to switch to fcc mode instead of the default CE mode so you can get more range. Select the fcc mode in the assistant soft ware. Then use a philips screw driver to gently turn the trim pot in the bottom hole on the back of the transmitter clockwise till it stops. DO NOT FORCE IT PAST THE STOP THO. and then you will be in fcc mode. Tho many think just turning the trim pot screw by its self will put in to fcc mode but that is not the case and it just increases the power output for what ever mode the controller is set in threw the soft ware from its top to bottom output power for both fcc and ce mode.

Yep, I'm one of those who not only thought FCC was default, but that twisting the pot was all you had to do. Thanks for some valuable info. I've also read where you don't have to open the controller to access the mini-USB port, that it is under the batteries in the battery compartment. Is that true? Also, I also read that the "new" controllers for the FC40 already have the self-centering upgrade for the throttle stick already applied. Is that true? Thanks again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic