Help Needed.....One Motor not working

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been reading here a lot a received information before I made my Phantom 2 V+ purchase. Regretfully I am her hoping you can help again with a problem I am having. Received the first Phantom last week. When I started the unit only 3 props spun and the other would spin stop spin stop. I purchased the unit from Amazon so I sent it back and they sent me another one. I received it yesterday. Went to fly it today and same thing. See video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXR1JfAsRo&feature=youtu.be

Now that it has happened twice I am wondering if I am missing something.I did all the updated. Both times I was outdoors with 9 satellites. Any ideas?

Never seen that happen, and the odds of 2 different ones doing it? I think there is a chance they sent you the same aircraft back.

They sent the new one before I sent the old one back. I just mailed it back to them yesterday.

Sure did. Still nothing. I mailed DJI after the first problem but no word back yet. I am thinking about just sending this one back too.

Has to be software bug. Have you updated everything? I'd uninstall then reinstall, even rebind.

Thanks. How do you uninstall? When I hook it to the assistant it updated and says all is up to day on the unit and transmitter.

My 5 month old P2 is also having diffs getting one motor to spinup on start. Took 5 sec after the others and it struggled to get started. It flew ok but a little warmer than the others. Motor is stiffer to hand turn than the others. My dealer is replacing it. From what I have read stiff motors can happen. Really poor quality control for such a crucial part.

There is a webpage with older versions of the software. Someone here can let you know where to find it. It's one of the moderators anyway. I'd go down to 1.0.4, try it, then back up to current.

lsteigerwalt said:
Its either a faulty ESC or motor. I've got one in the shop now with same issue.

I had the exact same issue a few days ago. I took a chance on it being the motor, replaced it and was back in the sky without too much difficulty.

Subsea01 said:
They sent the new one before I sent the old one back. I just mailed it back to them yesterday.
why didn't you mail the 2 back at the sometime?
I guess you might have mixed the 2 and tried the old one. The 2 having the same problem is very rare. I never saw this problem before. How could this happen ? it is like you are having 2 flat tires at the same time. Things like this seem never have happened before.

I received the first. They told me they had another one on the way and to send the first one back. I sent it Friday morning and received the new one Friday afternoon. I never had them both. It's hard for me to believe I had 2 with the same problem which is why I come here for help.

I will be sending the 2nd one back tomorrow. I have decided to buy one from Atlanta Hobby or DSLR pros so I can get service if needed in the future.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik