Help needed, detail on central circuit board component

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i need help to discover the type of diode mounted on the phantom 2 central circuit board, near the cam connector.
here you can see a pic of the full board, and the detail where you can see two diode, a white one e a black one. i need to replace the black one, but i don't know what kind of diode is (as i burned it). if some of you could open its phantom 2 and check which number is printed on the black diode i really appreciate.....there should be a number and a line on the left of right of the diode.
please any good soul with an already opened phantom (i know that it takes time to open it) could help me? ;)

Attachments

• fullboard.jpg
    fullboard.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 771
  • blackdiode.jpg
    blackdiode.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 849
I'm pretty sure the diode you seek is in fact, a resistor. If you are careful and precise, you can meter it to get the resistance.

Thanks, yes you are probably right, but the problem is that i burned it, so the guy who is helping me can not test it. but on the resistor there are written some value, if i found those value the guy could replace it with the right one... any other idea?

I'd have serious reservations about anybody who is supposedly able to do component replacement, yet isn't able to test a circuit.

New board is $60, which is inexpensive for the piece of mind it would give over...your other option.

are you saying that it is possible to test a burned resistor? i really don't know anything about this kind of stuff

Wow.... whatever it is, replacing a surface mount component is some undertaking..... good luck :)

Wouldn't it be easier to just replace your main board? They aren't expensive.

Hi!
I have exactly the same problem (short circuit at the connector of FC200 camera), could you explain to me the resolution?!
Thanks so much !!!

For anyone that's interested, the component in question there is an Inductor, 1uH or so.

OI Photography said:
New board is $60, which is inexpensive for the piece of mind it would give over...your other option.

This.

I burned something out and just installed a new board. Easy and cheap like OI said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31