Help, my drone is possessed!

Reaction score
I have yet to find anyone with this issue and it's kinda scaring me. 3 times now, I have inserted a newly charged battery into my P4p right before packing it up, only to hear it power on inside the case!!! 3 times, I have frantically taken it out of the case to remove the gimbal lock ASAP and power down. What really blows my mind though, is that the lights on the battery aren't even illuminated when it's on! When I press the power button again, the battery will appear to be charging, while plugged in to the drone! Check out the videos. All advice and comments appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8kR2KXEYvjE8ph3Z8

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, definitely possessed. Have you tried an exorcist?

I have no idea why it would do that?
Have you tried flying it? Looks like power is getting through, but the electrical board is not connected. If you tried flying, it should say something like wrong device.

Yes, definitely possessed. Have you tried an exorcist?

I have no idea why it would do that?
Have you tried flying it? Looks like power is getting through, but the electrical board is not connected. If you tried flying, it should say something like wrong device.
I haven't tried flying it with that particular battery since I discovered this. I suppose at some point, depending on any ideas or advice I may get here, I will probably let it hover in my garage first before I fly it outdoors again. Is there a way to factory reset the battery, maybe?....

Don’t really fly it. Just start it up and see what it does. It might tell you what is really connected.
Better yet, contact DJI. It’s not right and it’s the battery.

Is it aftermarket?

Don’t really fly it. Just start it up and see what it does. It might tell you what is really connected.
Better yet, contact DJI. It’s not right and it’s the battery.

Is it aftermarket?
No, it's not aftermarket. I've dealt with DJI before, which is why I am exhausting ALL options before sending anything to them, lol.

Wow. That battery is a danger. If it turns on by itself there is a very good chance it will turn off by itself, do you really want to do that as it's 200" in the air? Send that battery back mate

Reactions: Deezbs
See what? Its a unique problem seemingly associated with one battery so likely the battery is the issue. The suggestion to send it to DJI was a good one.

Reactions: Deezbs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj