Help me understand pitch and roll attitude gains

Reaction score
I lowered my roll attitude gain from 240% (factory default) to 80% and LOVE it!

I lowered my pitch attitude gain from 240% (factory default) to 120%

My question: is pitch front to back or left to right? In other words, if it is front to back, will the forward acceleration and top speed be reduced with a reduced pitch gain?????

GSSP said:

My question: is pitch front to back or left to right? In other words, if it is front to back, will the forward acceleration and top speed be reduced with a reduced pitch gain?????

Here you go:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

N017RW said:
GSSP said:

Here you go:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Thanks but I cant find the answer to my question in that. I understand all of that but this is relative to the Phantom...

Is pitch front to back or left to right relative to the camera forward pointing vector?

I need to ask DJI,,, the roll axis is the vertical axis for sure, when I set my gain to 80% roll, the Phantom no longer spins wildly like a top.

They "DJI" will only allow you to change attitude pitch and roll, NOT yaw, So I do believe pitch is left to right, if it was front back you would limit forward and reverse acceleration and possible top speed

The attitude gains do not effect horizontal speed, that is an angular restriction (f/w) in GPS or Atti modes. They change the reaction speed to stick inputs.

Yaw speed is limited by the counter torque force which is also limited by f/w.

Pitch is definitely front/rear, Roll- left/right, and Yaw rotation about the vertical axis.

This orientation is 'standard' and properly oriented or defined by the indicator on the Naza MC label indicating forward or front of a/c.

thank you

are you sure????,,, I have tremors in my hands and I need to fly with "sloppy" control,,, anytime I would fly the roll/spinning around was crazy and my videos sucked, when I set my gain to 80% roll, the Phantom no longer spins wildly like a top

HAVE YOU TRIED CHANGING the attitude gain and go fly??? I have tried a dozen times and have made improvements for me.

I think I get it now, when a quad rolls/spins,, it is a combination of a pitch/roll command... I think I will set them both to 80%

after 3 flights today, I have settled on both pitch and roll attitude gains set to 50%

Very nice stable smooth flights without the jerky left-right and spinning like a **** top, done ******* with it, time to fly :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers