help me my phantom wont start at all

Reaction score
I got my phantom 5 days ago from US because i bought it online and installed the propguards with the right screws and installed the propellers correctly after i flew it for 15 mins on the first day without having any crash and rested the phantom i charged the battery until its full.

the next day i was trying to turn on the phantom and it wont start. whenever i press the button in the battery 4 green led light flash in the battery but flashes a yellow light in the phantom for 1 second and does not start. if i try to connect my phantom to my laptop, the laptop cannot read the phantom because it wont turn on at all. please help about my problem thank u

Are you getting any beeps why you try turn the battery on when it's in your phantom?
Do the lights stay on?

Thank you sir! im flying with a Phantom 2 with zenmuse H3-3D. hope you can help me

Sorry buddy, not me, I'm a P1/FC40 guy.
Mal's got you covered. ;)

Yes i get 1 beep and i get 1 blink of yellow light. but it does not stay on.
Any chance you can take a quick video with your phone of you trying to turn it on so we can see? Is it like this with all your batteries? Anything else you can think of even if you don't think it's important that you can share?

I don't use a Zenmuse but there is a similar problem in the forums somewhere in the last 24 hours with a Rotorpixel gimbal and I'm just wondering could there be a fault with the gimbal pulling too much power that is affecting your battery? Maybe there is a short. Can you disconnect the gimbal and gopro and see will she fire up?

Reactions: dirkclod
Any chance you can take a quick video with your phone of you trying to turn it on so we can see? Is it like this with all your batteries? Anything else you can think of even if you don't think it's important that you can share?

thank you for your response. yes its like this with my 2 extra phantom 2 batteries. i charged it properly and placed the correct propellers.

this is the video of my phantom when i turn it on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh4ry8c3nvgn5n8/IMG_9200.MOV?dl=0

I don't use a Zenmuse but there is a similar problem in the forums somewhere in the last 24 hours with a Rotorpixel gimbal and I'm just wondering could there be a fault with the gimbal pulling too much power that is affecting your battery? Maybe there is a short. Can you disconnect the gimbal and gopro and see will she fire up?

okay i will try it later and update you mal thank you for your help!!

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
My pleasure. Have you cleaned the battery contacts? Not even getting a beep from the phantom would make me look at the direct route first. Battery to contacts and then look from the contacts to the next step

My pleasure. Have you cleaned the battery contacts? Not even getting a beep from the phantom would make me look at the direct route first. Battery to contacts and then look from the contacts to the next step

is there a better way to clean the battery contact? i yesterday i tried wiping with cloth the gold part and also the contact of the 2 pins under the 2 vertical contact already and nothing happened. it wasnt bent or damaged at all

Some people use a contact cleaner, I've never had to so can't advise much more on it. To me if they look clean, a lick of a dry cloth in my eyes should do the job. It probably isn't the problem but just thinking out loud what I would try step by step. I just have a funny feeling she might start up if you disconnect the gimbal and gopro. If so we've localised the problem, if not we know to look somewhere between the contacts and the main board. Step by step we'll figure it out and I'm sure some other guys will chime in with some good logical suggestions. You'll have her flying soon mate :)

thanks mate! we all hate a grounded bird right? :)

btw if i disconnect the gimbal i will just have to remove the pin or remove only my go pro?

Yep that down time is a killer. I've had 2 periods of 4-6 weeks while I've had my birds in the dji hospital in Germany. It's not nice seeing your mates post up cool pics and videos and it's always when the weather seems to be at its best taunting you lol

Reactions: don fernandez
Throwing rocks here but could one of the pins be stuck in that are under the main plugs ? Or would that matter here .
pins.jpg
They do push in and come back out .

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
really? i didnt know. only the pins? or the holder?
Take your finger and push them in and they should come right back out . Springy.
Just thought one might be stuck in . Like I said though. Don't know if that could be it.

The round ones in the bottom of picture .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31