Help me make sure I am clear with these settings, please.

Reaction score
I fly a P2 w/H3-3D, iOSD, IRC 600, Hero+ Black and Black Pearl with BlueBeam Ultras and either Fatshark Patch or 5-Turn IBCrazy Helical. Trying to still wrap my brain around a few things....

RTH - after setting home point prior to take off I can flip power of Tx off and that will initiate the RTH feature. What is difference between that method and the one that can be programmed to the S1 switch on lowest position?

Home Lock on S2 switch - this can't be used while in GPS mode, right? I really like the concept here as I was flying this past week and couldnt see the bird any longer (LOS) and would have loved to have used this feature. If it can't be used in GPS mode, that makes me a little nervous.....should I be?

Course Lock on S2 switch - this CAN be used while in GPS mode and is a more effective way to capture quality shots such as a hole flyover at a golf course, etc.? Is it Course Lock or Home Lock that is dependent on which direction P2 is pointed as GPS sats are locked in and preparing for take-off?

Thanks!

Re: Help me make sure I am clear with these settings, please

The Phantom will execute RTH exactly the same whether you trigger it via the switch or powering if the controller. You're just able to regain control a second or two faster using the switch.

CL and HL both only work in GPS mode. HL won't work until you're 30ft or more from home point, which may be why it didn't seem to you to be enabled.

When you power on the Phantom, the first long rapid set of green flashes indicates home point is recorded, which is used for both RTH and HL. A few seconds later the second set of green flashes indicates the Phantom's heading is recorded for use with CL.

OI Photography said:
The Phantom will execute RTH exactly the same whether you trigger it via the switch or powering if the controller. You're just able to regain control a second or two faster using the switch.

CL and HL both only work in GPS mode. HL won't work until you're 30ft or more from home point, which may be why it didn't seem to you to be enabled.

When you power on the Phantom, the first long rapid set of green flashes indicates home point is recorded, which is used for both RTH and HL. A few seconds later the second set of green flashes indicates the Phantom's heading is recorded for use with CL.

Thanks...the S1 switch says GPS, ATTI, ATTI...do I have to reprogram the bottom switch to be failsafe?

ddublu said:
OI Photography said:

Thanks...the S1 switch says GPS, ATTI, ATTI...do I have to reprogram the bottom switch to be failsafe?

Correct, it defaults to ATTI for beginners but you can change it to select manual or failsafe modes as desired, using the drop-down menu you see in the RC tab at the far right end of the S1 slider.

I prefer using HL over RTH.
Reason being that I still have control of the craft the entire time.

Have you enabled Naza mode yet??

Doctor Drone said:
I prefer using HL over RTH.
Reason being that I still have control of the craft the entire time.

Have you enabled Naza mode yet??

Makes sense. To be clear, once in HL you just have to pull down on right stick (Mode 2) for it to come home, no matter where it is?

I haven't enabled NAZA-M mode yet. Baby steps. What am I missing by not enabling it?

OI Photography said:
ddublu said:
no matter where it is?

...once it's more than 30ft away from home point

ddublu said:
What am I missing by not enabling it?

HL and CL (collectively known as IOC) for starters :)

Oh boy...so HL and CL can't even be used without enabling NAZA-M mode? I thought you could use them in GPS mode? I look at NAZA-M mode as manual mode on a camera....not correct?

No, NAZA still has full GPS "phantom" mode running, and it also give you the options posted above.
The only way you can get into real trouble is if you program the right switch to "manual", you have 3 choices on the 2 way switch, "Atti" (altitude hold, but no GPS hold so the phantom will drift with the wind or momentum.) "failsafe" (Return to home) "Manual" (all gloves off no electronic stabilising)
Mine is set to Atti / RTH.

harbourside said:
No, NAZA still has full GPS "phantom" mode running, and it also give you the options posted above.
The only way you can get into real trouble is if you program the right switch to "manual", you have 3 choices on the 2 way switch, "Atti" (altitude hold, but no GPS hold so the phantom will drift with the wind or momentum.) "failsafe" (Return to home) "Manual" (all gloves off no electronic stabilising)

^what he said :)

Bottom line is that NAZA mode is just as safe to fly in as your current Phantom mode, it just gives you more options you can avoid completely if you want. If all you want to do is enable IOC, then you can still have your Phantom behave otherwise just as it does now.

OI Photography said:
harbourside said:

^what he said :)

Bottom line is that NAZA mode is just as safe to fly in as your current Phantom mode, it just gives you more options you can avoid completely if you want. If all you want to do is enable IOC, then you can still have your Phantom behave otherwise just as it does now.

Ha...no wonder it didnt work when I tried flipping to course lock....would course lock help me out in a video like this?

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22357

ddublu said:
Ha...no wonder it didnt work when I tried flipping to course lock....would course lock help me out in a video like this?

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22357

Yeah it could, CL is very useful whenever you want to create a smooth straight flight track in some direction other than the one(s) the camera is pointed...very much like dollies on tracks are used for film cameras.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj