Help me firmware failed!!

Reaction score
Good morning, I try to install the new firmware on phantom 3 but the installation ends with fixed red led and continuous...
Feedback
Passa a italiano
Good morning, I try to install the new firmware on phantom 3 but the installation ends with fixed red led and continuous beep. I tried various firmware but always the same problem. what can I do??

My opinion :

Do not try other FW ...

Make sure FW is on SD Card root.

Put card in AC and ONLY switch on AC ... leave it to go through all the sequences ... it could be 20 - 25mins or so ...

The P3 is supposed to pick up FW and try to complete failed installs ...

Nigel

Download the manual for updates ...

Maybe someone else can give suggestion ...

Nigel

Reading through this post might help.

Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

You might try again with a fan. My understanding is if the main board gets too hot (which could happen during an update), everything shuts down which might save the board but results in a Phantom with no firmware at all. It's like what might happen to your desktop if you shut it down during an OS install or update.

Good luck.

credit: Oso, msinger

today I reprove. I followed the manual, but I always have the continuous beep and red led on

There are many threads about this issue.

Start by checking in logs on sd-card which modules failed the update.

Search the forum for details.

Which light?
With firmware update, it is the gimbal LED to watch with gimbal beep in triplets and that LED blinking red. Ignore all other lights and beeps from the drone itself.
If the gimbal light goes steady red, it failed.
There is a way to reset to factory to retry update.
Try a clean SD card with only the firmware package at the root.
If it fails, there's a hidden directory with a detailed log that may point out the module having the issue.
If you have another battery, try that as the battery also has firmware that the package may update.

ok, I'm the only light I see is the gimbal led. what would be the way to restore it to factory data?
I also changed sd and I only insert the firmware but always fixed red led.
public log data, how do I figure out the problem by what depends ?? sorry for my English....

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 353
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    77.7 KB · Views: 339
ok, I'm the only light I see is the gimbal led. what would be the way to restore it to factory data?
I also changed sd and I only insert the firmware but always fixed red led.
public log data, how do I figure out the problem by what depends ?? sorry for my English....
Hi english good,after any firmware they recomend relinking your phantom,have you try this,been reading and thinking

bye thank you!! what should i read ?? I do not understand
Sorry that me reading and thinking when i was reading post,,has it been flown before or first time, do you have djigo app loaded ok, theres a linking process for remote and the drone, anytime firmware is done you will have to do this,under drone there is a small link button with light, what colour is that light,,if it green its ok

Sorry that me reading and thinking when i was reading post,,has it been flown before or first time, do you have djigo app loaded ok, theres a linking process for remote and the drone, anytime firmware is done you will have to do this,under drone there is a small link button with light, what colour is that light,,if it green its ok

the drone was purchased used !! he came home and did not work. i downloaded dji go ..... and the led when i install the firmware first blinks, after red fixed. I have to install the firmware because I see battery error

the drone was purchased used !! he came home and did not work. i downloaded dji go ..... and the led when i install the firmware first blinks, after red fixed. I have to install the firmware because I see battery error
Batt error not sound very good,not sure if firmware fix batt, could be the voltage on one or more cells in the battrie,used is bit tricky not knowing how manys times it been charged before,that cell information is in your djigo app settings ,even if batt says full charge it might not be, you can check by holding batt and press the power button for 5 to 6 seconds and it will light up how many good cells left,,4 good 3 bit tired 2 not to good 1 need need battrie,,hope i explain ok

Batt error not sound very good,not sure if firmware fix batt, could be the voltage on one or more cells in the battrie,used is bit tricky not knowing how manys times it been charged before,that cell information is in your djigo app settings ,even if batt says full charge it might not be, you can check by holding batt and press the power button for 5 to 6 seconds and it will light up how many good cells left,,4 good 3 bit tired 2 not to good 1 need need battrie,,hope i explain ok

I opened the battery and checked the individual cells, they are perfect !! if I press the button for 5s on the battery, 4 LEDs light up

I opened the battery and checked the individual cells, they are perfect !! if I press the button for 5s on the battery, 4 LEDs light up
Ok that good forgot to ask what colour remote light is when powered up with drone,all green

1508053852153333920452.jpg
did this quick start guide come with it,

Ok im still thinking it has to be relinked,even if firmware failed,if you can have your djigo app open,need to click on general setting and find rc linking,able to do this,if so press rc linking it will start beeping light under drone will flash untill you press it will something skinny ,once held for sec beeping will stop and craft will link and light go green under drone,remote and drone have to be on for this

Which light?
With firmware update, it is the gimbal LED to watch with gimbal beep in triplets and that LED blinking red. Ignore all other lights and beeps from the drone itself.
If the gimbal light goes steady red, it failed.
There is a way to reset to factory to retry update.
Try a clean SD card with only the firmware package at the root.
If it fails, there's a hidden directory with a detailed log that may point out the module having the issue.
If you have another battery, try that as the battery also has firmware that the package may update.

the gimbal light remains lit red in red and green intermittence. I also changed sd but I always have red led. from log data, i only have numbers .... d how do i figure out where is the problem ?? I have no other batteries to try. i have put my log data, can you see ?? thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr