Help in buying goggles

Reaction score
Would someone be so kind as to advise me on buying goggles as I know nothing about them and their function. I have a Phantom 3 Advanced. Your help will really be appreciated.

First, they are crazy expensive. I have a set but have only used them four times or so, cause I need to be aware of whats around me and while wearing them although they can be flipped up keeps you immersed to the screen. A HDMI port flows the 720P rez feed to it. I use Nvidia shield (No longer available) HDMI output to the goggles screen mirror. I'ved used the cord directly from controller to goggles but prefer a second monitor active. I also need to wear 2.50 reading glasses in order to see the telemetry clearly. DJI offers diopler inserts that mimick this: Buy DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses

Would someone be so kind as to advise me on buying goggles as I know nothing about them and their function.
What do you plan on doing with them? Why do you think you need them?

What do you plan on doing with them? Why do you think you need them?
I use an iPad now and would like to see the route better, if that makes any sense. From looking at the youtube videos they seem like it would be more fun and one can get better videos and still shots as well. Would you advise me as what to buy, I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and from what I understand the DJI ones would require a different module that I can get from DJI. What other types do you think would work for me. If at all possible who should I buy from, as you can see I need help.

You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles/glasses here. With the exception of the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses, you'll need to either install the HDMI Output Module on your remote controller (like this) or use a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1 or DJI CrystalSky) since the other goggles/glasses connect via HDMI.

If all you care about is having the best/largest view, I think the DJI Goggles are currently the best option. Like all other goggles/glasses, they do have some cons. For example, they are heavier than most other options and aren't as portable since they are so large.

My advice? Make a list of goggles/glasses you think might work for you and check out the reviews at YouTube.com. That'll give you a better idea of which goggles/glasses would be a good fit for you.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj