HELP! I got a bucket "O" worms and can't go Fishin

Reaction score
Hey guys :)

I purchased a bare bones Phantom 2 V2 and have decided to add some groceries to it. I picked up a Gopro Hero 3 cam, a fleebay 2.2 gimble, an AVL58 Mini transmitter, an iosd mini flight module, a hub and a few extra cables. I have been able to get the flight data from the IOSD mini to my Boscam video screen, but I for the life of me cant figure out how to plug in my Gopro camera and get camera video! :cool:

My mistake is with all the stuff I have purchased, I should have purchased a P2 Vision or a P3. Here is my grocery list. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN9031.JPG
    DSCN9031.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 491
Thanks Yankee I have seen that drawing and I still don't understand. I do see where it says GIMBLE but I think those 8 leads plug into one of those $600.00 expensive Zenmuse Gimble Jobbies. I have a fleebay knock off gimble that just requires power and wires to nazda to control pitch. As you can see I have the USB Cable (a couple of them) I just don't see where they plug into. Do I need a cable that goes from GoPro Camera usb to the mini usb connection on the isod mini?

Thanks o_O

I also see on the Phantom 2 main circuit board where it says CAM and has those 4 wires yellow, red, brn, brn that extends out of the quad on the same leg as the 8 wire gimble hook up. What are those wires for? Thanks

Thanks Yankee I have seen that drawing and I still don't understand. I do see where it says GIMBLE but I think those 8 leads plug into one of those $600.00 expensive Zenmuse Gimble Jobbies. I have a fleebay knock off gimble that just requires power and wires to nazda to control pitch. As you can see I have the USB Cable (a couple of them) I just don't see where they plug into. Do I need a cable that goes from GoPro Camera usb to the mini usb connection on the isod mini?

Thanks o_O

Well the HUB isn't of much use since it supplies the video signal from the GoPro through Zenmuse gimbal to the hub and the other components. Without details in how your fleebay 2.2 gimbal attaches and to what is beyond me nor will I even attempt to help with that. If you live here in the states a zenmuse H3-3D gimbal cost $290.55 new or $249.95 used from B&H.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=dji+zenmuse+h3-3d&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps
Sure it's expensive but it attaches correctly to the P2 and eliminates the problems you are having. Say maybe in hindsight you should have bought a vision+ or a P3 and been better off.

Reactions: Duke
Well the HUB isn't of much use since it supplies the video signal from the GoPro through Zenmuse gimbal to the hub and the other components. Without details in how your fleebay 2.2 gimbal attaches and to what is beyond me nor will I even attempt to help with that. If you live here in the states a zenmuse H3-3D gimbal cost $290.55 new or $249.95 used from B&H.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=dji+zenmuse+h3-3d&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps
Sure it's expensive but it attaches correctly to the P2 and eliminates the problems you are having. Say maybe in hindsight you should have bought a vision+ or a P3 and been better off.

Thanks Jason,

I was hoping there would be some sort of adapter cable of sorts that could be used. :( Somebody has to be figuring all this stuff out as I see so many people using these Fleebay gimbles and having great success. I figured the camera plugs into the Zenmuse Gimble some how. By the way I do live in the states I live in the opposite side of the state as you in Niles. I was just over to your side of the state last weekend Saturday in Clinton Twp. (The wife & I PU a shitz zu puppy). Anyways appreciate your help maybe someone will chime in that has been here and done that. :D By the way I named the puppy BO yep.... you got it, after the greatest coach in all of college football! "GO BLUE" :rolleyes:

~Bob

Reactions: Duke
Well Jason after 33 years of marriage and retiring this past December at the ripe ole age of 57 I finally knuckled under and let her have a puppy. WTF after all the stuff and toys I buy??? She never says a thing.

Anyways on to the Video Problem.......... PROBLEM SOLVED!! I got to playing around yesterday afternoon looking again at wiring diagrams and IT HIT ME.... I noticed on the iosd mini I seen where on the side of the iosd it says video in, vid gnd, video out, gnd. hmm what if I spliced into the video input and plug the usb end off one of the adapter jacks I have and plug the usb end into the GOPRO. Well that's what I did and it worked. :rolleyes: Here are some pics. And Jason Yer right the Sitz zu was a tad bit more expensive than the zenmuse. The puppy was $300.00 $9.55 more than the zenmuse. Now I can tell her is I saved so much on not buying a zenmuse I can afford to buy a phantom 3! http://www.desicomments.com/funnypics/funnysmiley92.gif That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyways here are some pics.

BY THE WAY... BO SAYS HI! :)

Did a video test this afternoon was able to get out to 1/3 mile with stock antennas I set the Phantom in and Gopro in a cardboard box on a milk crate. Got in my jeep and drove down towards that blue buildingpast the school bus in The Picture. The video was breaking up some. I Definatley need some better antennas. What kind should I get for my setup? Any help would be great Thanks.:)

Check your personal messages.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1