Help...I crashed my FC40

Reaction score
I crashed my FC40 by hitting the top of a tall tree. It came down hard although the fall was somewhat cushioned by the tree branches on the way down. One of the arms is bent and the hard case needs to be replaced. I hooked it up to Naza assist and the IMU readings are normal and transmitter switches are functioning properly. The motors start up and sound normal. When I power the Phantom on it records home point and then a few flashes green rapidly a second time indicating ready to fly. The Phantom then flashes green -red -green -red for the longest time. It will eventually just blink green indicating >6 sattelites however if I pick it up and move it the red flashes will come back indicating it has less than 6 satellites. I'm guessing the GPS module has been damaged? Would it be worthwhile to send it in for repairs or after a hard crash like this just get a new one? Should i take it apart and see if something has come loose? Anyone have a similar experience or any advice on what I should do next?

IF you pic it up and move it by hand it will sense that its moving and try to refind a new home point. If you set it back down you should get the green flashes again once it finds the gps again and sets a new home point. Also if you are picking it up from the top at all your hand can also block the GPS signals from the satellites.

I went to a different location and the GPS locked and stayed green!!. I picked it up by the arm and moved it around and it still stayed green. Has anyone tried replacing the shell? I'm going to order one and try to repair it myself. Does anyone know what size screwdrivers I need to replace the shell? Thanks everyone!!

rdc4444 said:
Yeah I just ordered one for $50. I hope its not to difficult to replace the shell.

Nope, not hard at all. Just a buttload of screws. Get yourself some masking tape so you can group all the screws together and then write on the tape where they go.

Also get yourself a hot glue gun or a small tube of silicone adhesive so you can put a dab on the LED module and USB cable. That's how it came from the factory, so when I replaced my shell after I had a pretty nasty crash, I did as they did in China. Couldn't hurt to keep stuff from vibrating and coming loose. I also used hot glue to glue the antennas to the inside of the landing gear to kind of keep them out of sight and out of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.