Help I added a argtek signal booster and lose signal 50 meters

Reaction score
Hi I'm having issues with this p3 argtek booster I was getting 800 to 1000 m stock .. I feel I got it installed correct. I did not try all panels yet . I did it with 2 panels outside and 2.4 and a 5.9 . Looking for suggestions??? Please help

Did you snap each connector on? Did you hear a click? Sounds like one is loose.

I'd hate to say it.... but this is a common problem with these ARGteks. Either they work great, or they don't. It's a 50/50 gamble. I had one too. I really really wanted to believe it was going to work. I'm 1000% sure it was installed correctly. Barely got 2000 feet out of it. My factory set up out of the box did that. Hopefully you got it from Amazon or Ebay and can return it. On the other hand, you'll see guys that have gotten a gem and have gone 10 11 12,000 feet with them. Must be some kind of quality control issue going on there.

I'd hate to say it.... but this is a common problem with these ARGteks. Either they work great, or they don't. It's a 50/50 gamble. I had one too. I really really wanted to believe it was going to work. I'm 1000% sure it was installed correctly. Barely got 2000 feet out of it. My factory set up out of the box did that. Hopefully you got it from Amazon or Ebay and can return it. On the other hand, you'll see guys that have gotten a gem and have gone 10 11 12,000 feet with them. Must be some kind of quality control issue going on there.
...it has to do with the 'Magic' as you referred to it in another post.. the dimensions, are only part of the how an antenna works.. typically the antenna sold on Ebay, Amazon, BangGood or 'Other UAV' websites only spec out at around 1.7 to 2.0 VSWR and the the 'Tuning' varies Wildly thats why one may work half @$$ whereas another doesn't or barely works at all and the reason they're sold and continue to sell is, like you also pointed out in another post is most people don't have the means to test or measure the antennas performance.. I am currently in development of an antenna system designed specifically for our drones and hope to have it out 1Q2017, proof of concept has has been very promising out to at least 6000ft over heavily WiFi congested areas and thats with Antennas Only.. my antennas and/or systems will include a spec sheet, detailing the Band-Width, Return Loss and VSWR.. some of the testing and nfo on this subject can be found on my website (Equip, Phantom Tab)...
...also I've recently purchased a batch of antennas, I will Hand Tune Each of them, and sell them as a set included with a spectrum analysis data sheet, I'll have 6-8sets avail.. if anyone is interested you can use this Forum or use the following email address SAS (at) GasRecovery (dot) net...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: chicho22
...it has to do with the 'Magic' as you referred to it in another post.. the dimensions, are only part of the how an antenna works.. typically the antenna sold on Ebay, Amazon, BangGood or 'Other UAV' websites only spec out at around 1.7 to 2.0 VSWR and the the 'Tuning' varies Wildly thats why one may work half @$$ whereas another doesn't or barely works at all and the reason they're sold and continue to sell is, like you also pointed out in another post is most people don't have the means to test or measure the antennas performance.. I am currently in development of an antenna system designed specifically for our drones and hope to have it out 1Q2017, proof of concept has has been very promising out to at least 6000ft over heavily WiFi congested areas and thats with Antennas Only.. my antennas and/or systems will include a spec sheet, detailing the Band-Width, Return Loss and VSWR.. some of the testing and nfo on this subject can be found on my website (Equip, Phantom Tab)...
...also I've recently purchased a batch of antennas, I will Hand Tune Each of them, and sell them as a set included with a spectrum analysis data sheet, I'll have 6-8sets avail.. if anyone is interested you can use this Forum or use the following email address SAS (at) GasRecovery (dot) net...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Sounds awesome. I'd be interested.

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
I am also interested.

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
Add me to the list as well

Reactions: chicho22

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl