Help! How to convert P4 Pro to Sony Vegas Pro 12.0

Reaction score
Why doesn't my P4 Pro video not convert to my Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 software on my computer? Are my P4 settings wrong? Thank you in advance!

What video software is on the Sony??? I assume you are running some version of Windows....Windows movie maker should play and edit MPEG files. :)

I use vegas 13 for all my p4p editing, I can import the mov's just fine, but of course getting them to play in the timeline is a futile effort. the files are just too big for my machine (windows). I find I have to us the lowest resolution in the preview window just to see any movement at all. Like the poster above said, you may have to put all the 4K footage on the timeline and just render it out to HD. I do this a lot, but at least I can edit then. One of the nice things about vegas is it will import just about anything without any of the transcoding bs that final cut may need.

I record in 4k MP4 to import into sony vegas. The problem is Vegas outputs 4k video in .mxf only and youtube will not accept .mxf videos. So you need a converter or else you have to settle with smaller 4k resolutions for final videos in .mp4 format. If you do the small 4k resolution, you need to enlarge your video footage just a bit or else youll have black borders at the top and bottom. Sorry im at work and cant put the specifics without looking.

As long as you can render 4k, you should be good. I cant even play a 4k video preview in Vegas without it lagging, and i never get to see my transitions unless i manually advance the project frame by frame BUT after my computer finally renders the video it always looks fine, just as I wanted.

I made this in Vegas with the 4k from the drone and 4k from my sony fdr-ax100, with all these multiple layers. I tell you i couldn't even play the project in Vegas lol. But frame by frame i made sure things lined up and looked ok. Took a loooong time for the computer to render it but finally it did and looked fine to me. I have 12GB of RAM btw

I use Premiere. It has the option to create a proxy for your footage, basically as soon as I import, it automatically creates a 1920x1080 file to work off of, and then uses the 4K file to render with. I would assume Vegas has a similar feature.

I use Premiere. It has the option to create a proxy for your footage, basically as soon as I import, it automatically creates a 1920x1080 file to work off of, and then uses the 4K file to render with. I would assume Vegas has a similar feature.

Yes it does. Drag your video files into Vegas, select them all and right click. Select 'Create Video Proxy', let it do its work and see how it goes from there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20