HELP!! Groundstation and Video making

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have purchased a second hand Phantom (the first version.. not V2 or vision) and I need some help to find a way to get the drone to work with a groundstation similar to the Ipad Ground station.

The Ipad is not really what I would like to go for as I need to purchase a monitor for other purposes as well. (a field monitor for controlling a DSLR camera)

Ipad will only work with a DSLR using camranger (300$) and if I sum up the cash needed for the setup i require :
Ipad for groundstation (approx 800$ in Italy)
Groundstation from DJI (approx 300$ in Europe)
Field monitor for DSLR (approx 300$)

this is kind of ridiculous ... why did DJI not write an application that would work with other platforms as well?
Is there an alternative to this setup so I can use 1 monitor for both controlling the phantom and as a filed monitor for other purposes?

PLEASE HELP I AM getting fed up with all this costs to shoot a few clips that in gopro are honestly not worth the hassle...

any suggestion advice will really be appreciated !!!!
thanks

..? .. no dslr on the phantom..
Perhaps i did not explain myself well.

I will use a gopro on the phantom but I was wondering if there are applications for the groundstations that can run on an android tablet .. or anything that allows hdmi connections so with one device (monitor) i can do both things :

1: control the phantom
2: use the tablet as a field monitor for shooting video with my dslr

the ground station from DJI that works with the Phantom is the iOS Ground Station and only works with an iPad. If you have a Phantom 1, and you are going to put a gopro/gimbal and ground station, you are looking at maybe a 5 minute flight if you are lucky.

If I understand you correctly, you want to have two cameras, one of the phantom (a gopro) and a DSLR on the ground, is this correct?

I think what you might be thinking about or need is an FPV system. First Person View. This allows you to view what the gopro is seeing from the ground. You will still need to manually control your phantom but you'll be able to get the shots you want because you can see what you are shooting from the FPV screen.

Am I right? We need more info....

The Ground station package comes with PC software. Just use that on a laptop....

Quite honestly though, DJI have done well to distance themselves from open source systems. Just take a look at the average open source software out there, it doesn't do the hardware any favors at all.

I think of DJI as being like Apple computers, it's a polished product presented well and it does what it does perfectly. To further the simile, people love it or hate it although normally the haters are the people who can't afford to buy it and instead spend days/weeks/months trying to get their Ardu to stop flipping.
Sure you get a bad Naza now and then but rarely, nothing on this planet is 100%

iResq said:
marcus_canada said:
The Ground station package comes with PC software. Just use that on a laptop....

Can you link? I have only seen and read about Ground Station with IOS. Thanks!

DJI doesn't talk about it much anymore, but the PC software still comes with the package, and the ground station receiver can connect to that (via USB) or the iPad (via Bluetooth). If you want to play with the software, you can download it from the "Wookong-M Waypoint" support page (the Wookong used to be available bundled with the GS): http://www.dji.com/download/wookong-m-w ... downloads/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20