Help from Brazil

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a DJI Phantom 2 at Miami and it was working fine there.
I took it to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where I live, and now I can not calibrate the compass.
I've seen several videos on the internet of people with the same problem.
I tried to demagnetize the compass with a magnet without success.
To make matters worse now while trying to calibrate module (moving the S1 key more than 5 times) the non-fixed yellow light as before. The yellow lights is always blinking.
I do not know if the problem is on the compass, on the S1 switch of control or anything else...
Please, let me know if anyone could help me.

Regards,
Luiz

Are you trying to calibrate away from all possible interference. I placed mine on a wooden table the other day, booted up all fine. Second flight I got a compass calibration warning. Moved it 6 inches to the left on the table and everything back to normal.

Plug the Phantom into the Assistant software. See if your controller is able to move the controls. Check if S1 changes the mode as it should in the bottom left corner. If you haven't done the upgrades yet, I would suggest skipping them until you can rule out other issues. If the controller is working and calibrated and you can put it into GPS mode, then you can focus in the compass. What is the mod value for the compass?

Madwak said:
Did you remember to leave S1 in the "up" position when finished flicking?
Yes, Madwak.
Each time I tried, I left the S1 at the up position.
Thanks,

Shrimpfarmer said:
Are you trying to calibrate away from all possible interference. I placed mine on a wooden table the other day, booted up all fine. Second flight I got a compass calibration warning. Moved it 6 inches to the left on the table and everything back to normal.

Thank you, Shrimpfarmer,

The problem is that the yellow light that indicates the start process of calibrating don't stop blinking..

Regards,

ianwood said:
Plug the Phantom into the Assistant software. See if your controller is able to move the controls. Check if S1 changes the mode as it should in the bottom left corner. If you haven't done the upgrades yet, I would suggest skipping them until you can rule out other issues. If the controller is working and calibrated and you can put it into GPS mode, then you can focus in the compass. What is the mod value for the compass?

Thank you, ianwood.

I am at the office right now. At home, I am gonna try your tips and I will come back with news.

Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers