Help? FPV goggles for Phantom 2 Vision?

Reaction score
Hello All.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before.
I've done a few searches and have not had any luck.

Can a PFV goggle setup be used with a Phantom 2 Vision?
If so, what is recommended or suggested?

Thanks in advance.
Q~

I too recently purchased a Phantom Vision and wanted to set up the exact same thing you are asking about.

My 1st attempt at "goggling" the phantom took me to adapters & cables to project the DJI App from my iPad into the headset. The results....well....sucked. It will work for the quick and dirty but there are a few issues with that setup.
1. App video resolution is really poor.
2. Video has a delay. Its not terrible but it is off by up to a second.
3. "Phantom Connection Lost" ....If I had a shiny nickel for every time that comes up on my screen, DJI would be paying me to fly their birds!!

So I looked into jacking into the Visions' camera for a custom FPV setup. It turned into another dead end as every time I tried to tap into the vid signal, the camera would go into a low voltage stage and shut itself off :roll:

I ended up building a separate and self contained FPV for the goggles. You will need some stuff and be comfortable taking the aircraft apart to add the components.
Here is my post from the other night detailing everything that worked for me. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31413
I'm having a blast!

Fplvert said:
Many pilots like the Epson Moverios who run android.

Thanks.
I just did some research on the moverios.
Seems like the quick and easy solution.
I'll keep an eye on them and see if the price drops. They are still a bit too expensive for me at this stage of my hobby.

Q~

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj