HELP...Firmware question

Reaction score
Still haven't gotten around to flying this thing......I've had it for over a month now!

Long story as to why....

Anyways. Charged up the three batteries I have. Turned everything on and check what firmware I'm running.
( I had done a firmware update about 5 weeks ago, right after I got the unit.)

APP = 2.6.0
AIRCRAFT = 1.6.40
RC = 1.5.70

The controller is telling me I need to do a firmware update.

Advise??

Hi RoyB

Try have a look a this tutorial :

Still haven't gotten around to flying this thing......I've had it for over a month now!

Long story as to why....

Anyways. Charged up the three batteries I have. Turned everything on and check what firmware I'm running.
( I had done a firmware update about 5 weeks ago, right after I got the unit.)

APP = 2.6.0
AIRCRAFT = 1.6.40
RC = 1.5.70

The controller is telling me I need to do a firmware update.

Advise??
I've got problems...

app=2.7.0
AC=1.6.4
RC= 1.5.7 ==> 1.5.8??

Smartfone forced update to 1.5.8.. update failed, tried again, update failed but says 1.5.8 loaded?

RC is completely bricked. When RC turning on -- the RTH button always has an all white light ring around RTH. The RTH button is always ON and it's impossible to conect to or command the P3 at all -- just
constant yellow back lights bliniking.

RC fails to conect to P3P -- 5 finger reset of RC fails to work. Can NOT reset RC?

Everything works fine on my P3 STD. Is the solid light around the locked on RTH(P3P) a sign of a NFZ?

Thanks for any ideas.

"Try have a look a this tutorial : "

I did all this. My concern is the APP, the Aircraft and the RC all show different firmware numbers. Is this OK?

I'm not interested in uploading the firmware that was just released a few days ago until it is proven. Can I fly my drone with the firmware I have currently installed?

Yes, that is entirely normal. Fly the thing.... Ignore the 'required' update. Just think of it as a bad translation.

Nevermind! I realized that once the little green light on the camera gimble comes on steady, the battery is updated. And now all 3 batteries are showing the green light with no more beeping. And all three batteries show the aircraft firmware at 1.6.40

Good to go!

Here in my office, without GPS, the red lights on the aircraft are solid, the green lights are flashing two times and the RC says "safe to fly without GPS"....I guess this is normal when the aircraft is indoors....??

I have Dji Go app installed After clicking on Camera and equipment I was able to see the DJI Sceen with all the information. I have a Phantom 3 Professional Yesterday when I connected my remote controller and quadcopter using my I-Pad it said I needed to do a remote control update The update and installation went in and confirmed. The Old RC up date was 1.5.70 The new update is 1.5.80. I went to the field to fly and then the Dji go app did not come up on my I pad It said not connected but ok to fly So Tonight I have tried for over (1) hour and still cannot get my Equiptment to open up my Dji go app The screen still says not connected and instead of a Color Screen everything is Black and White Headings and Fonts The Aircraft flew normally this being my 2nd time flying. Please tell me how to get the Dji go app working. With my R C ?.quadcopter . I pad

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj