Help finding right connectors

Reaction score
I know this is probably a common connector, however I am not familiar with it. Could someone please let me know where I can find this.
I've also seen a thread where someone had an external antenna on the bird. Links to this mod would also be greatly appreciated.
6f2f05363f8bf3d3e243b9faa9398867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There's four total , they run from each leg/landing gear and is the antennas for the lightbridge. All four wires are ran to the lightbridge control board that sits in between the vps sensor and the actual drone itself

DJI Phantom 3 Antenna (4pcs) [Part 3] - Drones Plus

They run to each leg of the phantom and all connects to I think it's called the OFDM RECIVER MODULE .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention this is the phantom 3 standard. Just 2 wires. 1 gray, 1 black. I'm just looking for a connector like the one in the picture. Thanks

Oh ok gotcha. Just reshelled my phantom 3professional and on the pro/advance models , we have only four and that's for the lightbridge antennas in the legs. Upon further investigation on the wifi standards , you have two -as u mentioned , and it's for wifi transmission . Found a new set at B&H for 18$. I would just buy new and replace as needed or just replace / repair both same time

DJI Wi-Fi Video Link Antenna for Phantom 3 Standard CP.PT.000284

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 320
Oh ok gotcha. Just reshelled my phantom 3professional and on the pro/advance models , we have only four and that's for the lightbridge antennas in the legs. Upon further investigation on the wifi standards , you have two -as u mentioned , and it's for wifi transmission . Found a new set at B&H for 18$. I would just buy new and replace as needed or just replace / repair both same time

DJI Wi-Fi Video Link Antenna for Phantom 3 Standard CP.PT.000284
Thank you. I was just trying to avoid opening it up if possible

Thank you. I was just trying to avoid opening it up if possible

Lol you'll get used to it especially if u are willing to do your own repairs . Upon reshelling my professional I sheared my compass wire 3 times trying to install it back in the landing gear . That's 2 additional times I had to bust it open-AgAiN- after all was said and done.

Invest in a good electronics toolkit. This will have all your small sizes needed to work on the phantom and other electronics and most come with specialty tweezers, picks, plastic pry tools that come in handy when taking on a job like re shelling a phantom body .

Reactions: Charles Frentzel
Thanks. I will see if I can find them at that website.
Give RadioShack a call. Just ask for U.fl connectors

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe I will do that. I enjoy DYI projects, so I guess I now have a new one. Thanks for your help and good luck with your repair.

No problem. I hope you get it fixed

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just ordered a couple of cables myself with IPX (aka U.fl) connectors. They custom make whatever you want and sell it via e-bay or directly. I asked for what I wanted and they made an auction that gave me the options I wanted.

IMG_2354.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
I just ordered a couple of cables myself with IPX (aka U.fl) connectors. They custom make whatever you want and sell it via e-bay or directly. I asked for what I wanted and they made an auction that gave me the options I wanted.

View attachment 50050
I got a few things from there also. Very quick to get it and great customer service.

Lol you'll get used to it especially if u are willing to do your own repairs . Upon reshelling my professional I sheared my compass wire 3 times trying to install it back in the landing gear . That's 2 additional times I had to bust it open-AgAiN- after all was said and done.

Invest in a good electronics toolkit. This will have all your small sizes needed to work on the phantom and other electronics and most come with specialty tweezers, picks, plastic pry tools that come in handy when taking on a job like re shelling a phantom body .
Sorry for being ot here but are you leaving those clips like they come or cutting them so no problem to take the shell back off .
I clipped mine when I opened it the first time .

Sorry for being ot here but are you leaving those clips like they come or cutting them so no problem to take the shell back off .
I clipped mine when I opened it the first time .

left them as is , I had access to specialty ( for electronics ) plastic pry tools - so taking on/off wasnt too bad, once u get a section separated - keep them separated .By the 3/4 th time u have to open. / close the shell it becomes second nature almost lol.

Reactions: dirkclod
left them as is , I had access to specialty ( for electronics ) plastic pry tools - so taking on/off wasnt too bad, once u get a section separated - keep them separated .By the 3/4 th time u have to open. / close the shell it becomes second nature almost lol.
Just wondered . I clipped mine and is fine but haven't seen what anyone else was doing . Thanks for replying :)
Again sorry for going ot guys .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj