HELP!!! Don't know how to get video from P3 S to goapp

Reaction score
I've had my P3 standard for a month and can't figure out how to upload video from the SD card of the camera to the go app. When I make a movie I'm sure I'm only copying what my phone recorded via wifi during the flight. Quality of video sucks! I have no problem downloading the SD card to my PC since I can plug it into the PC but I can't do this with the P3 S (at least I don't think so).
Does the Go app extract video from the P3 S by wifi and if so is it supposed to be of the same quality as whats on my PC?
Can someone walk me through the process as if I were in kindergarten (maybe preschool)? Please don't refer me to the manual or You tube since they aren't helping.
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks

I've had my P3 standard for a month and can't figure out how to upload video from the SD card of the camera to the go app. When I make a movie I'm sure I'm only copying what my phone recorded via wifi during the flight. Quality of video sucks! I have no problem downloading the SD card to my PC since I can plug it into the PC but I can't do this with the P3 S (at least I don't think so).
Does the Go app extract video from the P3 S by wifi and if so is it supposed to be of the same quality as whats on my PC?
Can someone walk me through the process as if I were in kindergarten (maybe preschool)? Please don't refer me to the manual or You tube since they aren't helping.
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks

My experience is that you can either remove the SD from the drone and plug it straight into the PC or use the supplied cable and leave the SD card in the drone and simply plug that into the PC. The footage is vastly superior to that recorded on your iOS/android device depending on how you configure your device and a lot of people don't bother with it. I use the go app to make short clips to send to friends and use the footage on the on the SD to edit and produce something much better. The go app footage and that in the SD card are two different beasts from a quality and editing point of view. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that is how I understand and use it.

Reactions: Storm
You got it right. Pulling the SD card from the camera and using a card reading is the best way. You can use a USB cable from computer to gimbal, but than you have to power up the drone just to view or upload a video.

Does the gimble usb transfer as fast as pulling and straight to computer?
As I remember it's a bit slower, but now that I have a card reader for my desktop I never do it that way anymore. Why go through the trouble to install a battery and power up your drone just to view a video.

Thanks guys. Very helpful information.
Any suggextions for a video editor? I take it no one really uses the Go app to make the beautiful videos seen on Skypixel or You tube.
Too bad, I really like the editing features of the Go app and wish I could get it on my PC (or can I?).

I use Movie Maker, it's not the top of the line by no means. But it works very well, and it's free.

Reactions: Storm
I also use a card reader to computer and movie maker. I also have a mini micro otg for uploading video to my tablet or phone and then use power director app for editing and producing on the go

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20