Help Crashed and need a Yaw Gimbal Motor

Reaction score
Hello I crashed my drone which practically killed me. Ive been saving up to buy this drone since before they were released. I severed the flex cable and the actual camera broke free from the yaw gimbal motor. so I put in a new cable but where I messed up is . when i reattatched the camera to the yaw motor i left a bit of glue on the one piece s0 when I went
to use the drone the yaw arm would get hung up on the glue, the motor was working until..... this is stupid. I had to pry the ring off the Yaw motor piece and I did so using an xacto knife I placed the blade on the little black piece on the edge of the motor and breaking it! Now the motor dont move at all. On closer inspection the lil black thing looks like some kinda circutry. I cant find a motor anywhere I was wondering if you could please please sell me one I have the phantom 3 Pro.. Or tell me where to get one. Thank You ion Advance....

Hello I crashed my drone which practically killed me. Ive been saving up to buy this drone since before they were released. I severed the flex cable and the actual camera broke free from the yaw gimbal motor. so I put in a new cable but where I messed up is . when i reattatched the camera to the yaw motor i left a bit of glue on the one piece s0 when I went
to use the drone the yaw arm would get hung up on the glue, the motor was working until..... this is stupid. I had to pry the ring off the Yaw motor piece and I did so using an xacto knife I placed the blade on the little black piece on the edge of the motor and breaking it! Now the motor dont move at all. On closer inspection the lil black thing looks like some kinda circutry. I cant find a motor anywhere I was wondering if you could please please sell me one I have the phantom 3 Pro.. Or tell me where to get one. Thank You ion Advance....
Boy, that is a tough one without replacing the entire gimbal. You might need to go for a used camera and gimbal.

I'm in Australia and have broken my too. Only an advanced. Dealer here said go elsewhere. Where elsewhere in great land of Aus?

I'm in Australia and have broken my too. Only an advanced. Dealer here said go elsewhere. Where elsewhere in great land of Aus?
There has to be a lot of Phantom 3's flying in Australia-- don't know how may dealers-- but there are individuals that crash and sell the parts== The complete camera and gimbal is $549 US-- I have seen a couple of used ones go for less than that

I'd think so too. The land of people with everything but trouble is they also don't want to do anything. Will deal with US

I just crashed Friday night. Same thing happened to me. Slightly bent yaw arm, broken ribbon cable, and the motor split. Appears to be a pressed fit- I'm hoping... I found someone who makes 3d printed arms, and the ribbon cable is available... Really hoping I dont have to purchase a new gimbal/camera...
IMG_5533.jpg

I just crashed Friday night. Same thing happened to me. Slightly bent yaw arm, broken ribbon cable, and the motor split. Appears to be a pressed fit- I'm hoping... I found someone who makes 3d printed arms, and the ribbon cable is available... Really hoping I dont have to purchase a new gimbal/camera...
View attachment 32270
Reach out to @hunch before you go buying a replacement.

View attachment 32270
I'm not sure if it is available elsewhere, but there is a "gimbal saver guard protector bracket" at Rise Above Drones, an Australian DJI dealer. At $30 AUS. it may seem pricey for a small piece of bent aluminium, but it can save your camera from what is shown in the pic above, that is ribbon cable torn and motor in two pieces....

I'm not sure if it is available elsewhere, but there is a "gimbal saver guard protector bracket" at Rise Above Drones, an Australian DJI dealer. At $30 AUS. it may seem pricey for a small piece of bent aluminium, but it can save your camera from what is shown in the pic above, that is ribbon cable torn and motor in two pieces....
Yes, there are several available-- here is a good one for those of you who have not made this upgrade-- cheaper than a gimbal
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=ROHNRPVT3CU7PWJV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik