Help connecting controller to DJI assistant

Reaction score
My second day with the bird, switched it to NAZA-M mode last night by connecting my phantom to my Mac with the DJI software. Connected fine and seemed to switch it. Went outside to test the features with the S1 and S2 switches like home lock and the fail safe mode but none of them seemed to work. I tried connecting the controller to the DJI software through the USB port on the bottom but it seemed to not do anything while connected. Let me know if this is an issue with my controller or if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks

I had the same experience. I successfully connected the Phantom to my Mac and was able to update all the firmware and check the tools and UMI (?). It was a little trial and error because I found the instructions to be a little vague, but I got there.

But, when it came to the controller, I plug it in and got nothing!...????

To use CL and HL on S2 you have to enable IOC (Advanced > IOC) in the Phantom Assistant in addition to switching to Naza mode. On S1 you might want to check that the bottom switch position is failsafe rather than manual or Atti (Basic tab).

You can calibrate the controller with the RC Software package which is separate from the Phantom Assist package.

With the bird powered on, and the controller powered on and bound to the bird, start the Phantom Assist software package and then plug the USB cable into the bird. Then you can switch to Naza mode, rebind the switches, etc.

The mini-usb port on my controller was broken out of the box and I had to kind of push up on it when inserting it or the computer would not recognize it.

OK finally got it, did not realize I didn't have to plug the controller into my computer, was trying to plug it into the usb port on the bottom but nothing would happen. Rather I just plugged my phantom into my computer, turned it on with the controller and it connected to the computer fine. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav