Help connecting 3-axis Storm32 gimbal on Vision+

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just received my 3 axis gimbal with Storm32. It looks ok for now. I have some questions, COMPLETE NEWB here. I have Phantom 2 Vision+

1.) I got 4 plastic bolts and plastic nuts, where do they go ? Do they fasten plate on the Phantom ? Why the nuts then and why plastic ?

2.) I got 2 longer + 2 shorter black metal hexagon bolts and 2 nuts, where do these go ?

3.) Most importantly, I got 4 pin but 2 wire power cable, is there a plug inside the Phantom so I can just plug it in and use it ? Can I try gimbal by connecting it on 12V car battery ?

4.) Can someone help me to connect the WiFi module inside for telemetry and also connecting 2 pins for gimbal movement on the remote lever ?

Thanks a million !

3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Camera Mount &32bit Storm32 Controller /Gopro 3 4 i UK

Last edited:
Nobody knows ?
Sorry.. You will need to read the rest of the RC groups thread.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 11 - RC Groups

Here is an image taken from RC groups on the wiring required for the aftermarket GL-3X china gimbal.
On the gimbal board, you will need to look for the Tilt pin out and plug that into the NAZA F2 port.
If you don't have an understanding of what I said, then you should just simply get a H3-3D. I know its expensive, but it is a working tested formula.
gopro-vision_app2.jpg

Tnx for the photo. I do understand what you are explaining.

For movement of the gimbal I go to the F2 port on the Naza and on GND and RC2-0 pins on the Storm32 controller.

In order to get the power to the WiFi module, which exactly cable should go from where to where ?

And the other thing, regarding GoPro FPV connection, can I remove completely that cable CAMPORT <=> WIFI and then connect GoPro cable to the 2 pins on the right, directly on the WiFi module ? Or I need to leave that cable connected and splice into those 2 wires for GoPro ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok guys, I would really need some real help now. I have opened the Phantom 2 Vision+ v2 and I want to get the telemetry and also FPV from GoPro. These photos should say how to get the telemetry and power ON the WiFi module. I hope.

Questions:

1.) how to get to the pos&neg poles undes all those cables so I can get power for my Storm32 gimbal ?
2.) where do I connect those 2 pins from GoPro cable. I know they should go to the right 2 pins on the 6pin port on the WiFi module but this cable is needed and it needs to be plugged on that place where 6 pin 2 wire cable was connected ? Help please.

Guys is it so hard to help if you have done it already ???

I have connected for now only 2 wires in F2 port and in RC-2 ports on the gimbal but it does not move. I have put a tick on Upgrade remote in DJI app and then calibrated the movement of that lever on the 7th channel but the gimbal is not moving, staying in its calibrated place.

What should I do in order to get it to move ???

This conmmunity should be existing for helping and exchanging experiences, why do you guys ignore when someone needs help ? I have never seen this on any forum exepct basically all Phantom forums, many of you did this mod but dont give a **** to help others.

Anyhow, I have managed to do it by some personal help from one guy at rc. The connection on the Storm32 board does NOT go to the RC2 pins !!! It goes on the RC pins in top row with 10 pins and everything is working ! Just need to limit movement in Storm32 program, I have done it to 90 degrees max to look down and 22 degrees min so it looks little down when in upper position. This is for the Phantom 2 Vision+ v2 model.

I hope this info would help somebody and I will gladly help to anyone who asks here on the forum.

Last edited:
This conmmunity should be existing for helping and exchanging experiences, why do you guys ignore when someone needs help ? I have never seen this on any forum exepct basically all Phantom forums, many of you did this mod but dont give a **** to help others.

Anyhow, I have managed to do it by some personal help from one guy at rc. The connection on the Storm32 board does NOT go to the RC2 pins !!! It goes on the RC pins in top row with 10 pins and everything is working ! Just need to limit movement in Storm32 program, I have done it to 90 degrees max to look down and 22 degrees min so it looks little down when in upper position. This is for the Phantom 2 Vision+ v2 model.

I hope this info would help somebody and I will gladly help to anyone who asks here on the forum.

Ummmm....
You are probably the only person I know on this very helpful forum with the non-Zenmuse H3/H4-3D mod. I'm pretty sure they would of jumped in by now. Every other has chosen the Zenmuse gimbal.

I can only go so far as I only have the plug-and-play H3-3D gopro mod. I also suggested that you should spend the extra few bucks on the H3/H4-3D to save the headache.

I've posted you the mapping wiring diagram and it looks pretty simple. You just need to find which cables to splice and intercept power to the gimbal and visual to the go pro.

If I cant find info, I research more and if that fails - I do guestimate experiments.

Just remember, don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you have an outcry, you'll find less people wanting to help you.

Reactions: Karanba

MAYBE just maybe no one, or only a very few have gone to this exact point.
after all these are really ready to fly and very cheap from the factory for what they do!

these are not typical hobby DIY stuff except some mods.

I can buy a brand new Phantom3 with all l you want for 500, and it will work NOW.

last year I had 4 phantom 2's -----this year NONE.

not being smart but I see you have been asking/complaining about help for a bit now.
I don't think anyone is HIDING stuff from you , if I were you I would get VERY good at google search and good key words

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Karanba
Well that changes my perspective then, I apologise. Coz it seemed to me that there are some number of members here who have done it but dont care to help, like, mine is flying and I dont have the time to explain, heres "let me google that for you" link.

I have found all infos I think. Zenmuse is too expensive for me since I payed less than its price for whole phantom vision+. And also there are no parts for it so since I have flown only few times I dobt want to risk and break that gimbal on case of some small crash. Hope it doesnt happen.

Cheers guys !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20