Help choosing an app....

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

So great site with tons of information, but a little overwhelming at times. Here is the situation

I am a professionaI pilot in real life and I am fairly new to the drone word. I have a P3P and an iPad Mini 4 currently using GO version 3.1.2. I bought the drone because I am getting married in Iceland in a few months and thought it would be fun for filming the ceremony and the rest of our honeymoon adventures. So I would have a mix of hand flying but also some pre planned missions would be nice. What is my best option?

-Is there an app where I could set the drone to takeoff at the beginning of the ceremony, circle us a few times keeping the camera on us, and then hover in the original location til the end?
-GO seems to have horrible maps and it would be nice to be able to cache satelite maps of multiple locations and even set up missions before I leave wifi

I am sure there are other things I haven't thought of, but those seem to be the two biggest I can think of at the moment. I seems everyone will just answer Litchi, but more indepth details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Take a look at Litchi (app available in the Apple store). Their orbit mode does something like what you want. Except that once it starts an orbit, it continues until you terminate or it runs out of battery. Still pretty easy to set up and anyone in your party could learn very quickly how to start/stop both the mission and the video recording. Setting up preflight Waypoint missions and points of interest is what the app was designed for. Fully compatible with the Mini 4.

Unless you are prepared for the quad noises overpowering your wedding ceremony and taking away the attention to the bride, you are better off leaving the quad at home.

Unless you are prepared for the quad noises overpowering your wedding ceremony and taking away the attention to the bride, you are better off leaving the quad at home.
That, and also I can guarantee that you will have things to think about besides flying a drone. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31