Help..CHANGE in start up tones since 3.12 upgrade

Reaction score
Flew for first time after upgrading firmware to 3.12 .everything worked fine including led light sequences (I'm in NAZA M mode )..EXCEPT instead of hearing the rising chirps followed by 4 beeps, I'm just getting the rising chirp sound (really rapid beeps) with NO beeps following...then it goes into start up lights and everything worked fine.... Is this ok?
Thank you

Checked the assistant and shows Naza mode. Besides, I am getting IOC. Tested HL and CL. I read on another thread that lack of 4 beeps ,indicates version of ESC. Possibly new firmware corrected Starr up tone error of previous firmware version. Also saw a mention of it having to do with position of throttle stick (centered or all the way down)when turning on phantom. .still curious.

I received my latest P2 a week ago, and it also lacks the 4 beeps at the end. It's not on v3.12, and ESC's are 2.1. Guessing it's the ESC's. Curious, but not concerned.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I received my latest P2 a week ago, and it also lacks the 4 beeps at the end. It's not on v3.12, and ESC's are 2.1. Guessing it's the ESC's. Curious, but not concerned.

Kelly

I think you've got it here.

Thought I'd read this earlier and/or elsewhaere.

Your response deserves a: +1.

wkf94025 said:

Kelly

This tone seemed to lose the 4 beeps with the introduction of the v2.0 ESCs

What's a bit strange is that I did nothing to change the hardware of my ESC and have only had the phantom 2 for 1 month. I was getting the 4 beeps until upgrading the firmware to 3.12. So did that upgrade also upgrade the software /firmware of the ESCS so that I'm no longer getting the 4 beeps and am I safe to assume that the hardware and software of the ESCs are in sync and nothing is going to cause a malfunction. Thnx

The startup sounds are wholly done by the ESCs. The Phantom (NAZA) firmware has nothing to do with it.

The older ESC firmware had the 4 extra beeps. The V2.0 and 2.1 ESC firmware do not have the 4 extra beeps.

You cannot change the ESC firmware via the Assistant software. It requires a special rig to reprogram the ESCs.

Thnx , I really appreciate your input, but then I'm even more confused. Why would I have the 4 beeps for my first 5 flights and now they are gone & most importantly is it safe as I assume it's a good thing that the ESC tones are reporting the most recent software, hence no more beeps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4