HELP cannot get Camera to work or flight data

Reaction score
I cannot connect the camera or any vital to know how high the drone is or how far it is. I have rebooted. I have installed and uninstalled the battery. I have unplugged and plugged the camera. I have removed and replaced the battery. I have reset the wifi extender. I have a phantom 2 vision

The I phone connects to the WiFi extender with out any problems but when I launch the app no camera and no data. I rebooted the IPhone and also no resolution I have even uninstalled and re installed the app from the iphone.

I have owned the drone for a little over a month its worked great and it has always works just today it started to do this. I can fly it but I am flying blind. I cannot see altitude distance or camera.

I have an Iphone 6 plus with the latest software update. The Drone has the latest update. I flow it a week ago and it worked fine. I am attaching some screen shots

Any help thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0556.PNG
    IMG_0556.PNG
    527.8 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0557.PNG
    IMG_0557.PNG
    142.3 KB · Views: 458
:D
If you reset the extender, you will need to rebind the camera to your phone.

turn on WiFi extender, turn on controller, turn on phantom, connect iPhone to phantom WiFi, launch app, you should see a green light indicating connection to camera via WiFi before you hit the camera button in app.

Open the app on your phone, go to settings, scroll down to binding. You will get prompted to turn on your controller, the extender, the Phantom (make sure the camera is on and has a sd card in it. Scan the qr code on the original box, and it should work again. :D

jrod1944 said:
where do you find the QR Code?

It should be on the box your drone came in. There's another QR code on the bottom of the drone but I'm not 100% sure that's the right one. Maybe someone else can jump in here. Try it and see?

Now I hate to be alarmist so try everything else first... but when I hear Black Screen I always think failed WiFi module. Which is a huge pain and means either $185 out of pocket or returning your drone to the mother ship. Lots of threads on that topic.

Best of luck!

The first thing I'd be checking is the 3 grey ribbon cables that connect from the Phantom to the gimbal.
If they are disconnected they give the symptoms you describe.
Where they go into the gimbal base they can become loose.
Use a pair of tweezers to push them back on.
In rare cases the cables can be damaged by pinching where the battery slides in and give the same symptoms.
Check in front of the battery compartment for pinched cables.
In that case, replacing cables is the fix.

Thanks all of you. I got the problem resolved. Now I have another problem. When I turn on the transmitter get a green light briefly then it becomes yellow and stays yellow. I can not communicate with the copter. I try to start the motors and nothing happens.
This quad has been great until now. ( I have crashed a few times but was always able to recover with no problems until now)

:D
Maybe time for batteries?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4