Help by tomorrow Monday July 14th.

Reaction score
I still don't have a good working list of what I need to get decent fpv. I have read hundreds of posts and I see boscam stuff and fatshark stuff, then I see folks who have lines on their screens and some only get like 100 meters range when the system says 2km. I don't know if I am gonna need some kind of support board for the fpv transmitter.

I also have a phantom v 1.2 with the one antenna that it came with. Is there a way and is it worth it to add the receiver board that has 2 antennas. I am unable to find info about this, probably I am thinking, because it is not done.

I do understand what I have to do to add a zenmuse h3-3d, upgrade board, but then I wonder about my question above.

I hope to have a fpv system with a decent range on my Phantom V1.2. I want to have 2 displays (1 tablet and 1 goggles, I want to take passengers for rides) and the abililty to record.

Do I need to do anything if I want to add iosd or will it work with the proper cable.

Right now I am looking at

from hobby king

Immersion 600mW video transmitter
FatShark Dominator 3rd Generation modular FPV System
DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter

Then I saw this list

bandgood.com

Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor $159.79
Boscam RX-LCD58802 Mointor Charging Adaptor $5.99

hobbyking.com

IImmersiionRC 5.8Ghz Audio/Video Transmitter $69.99

readymaderc.com

RC - 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set (RHCP) $39.99
VAS - 5.8 GHz 5 Turn Helical $33.99

firstpersonview.com

Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/Immersion RC Transmitter $21.00

helipal.com

DJI iODS Mini on Screen Display Module $69.90

Total $400.65 not including shipping

Can anyone give their opinion about the above and how I might proceed. thanks in advance for any guidance

I can only comment on the Boscam as that is what I have. I have the 5802 and charger as well as the 400mw boscam Tx. I upgraded the antennas to skew planars and I can get video transfer for a greater distance then I can fly with my battery. I do not have iOSD yet so I cannot comment on it. As far as Banggood, they are decent to work with and great prices, but very slow shipping...keep that in mind if that's a concern for you. The 5802 works well for me as it has the battery and receiver built in, but if you are using goggles and then displaying to an LCD, this is overkill. The 5802 does have outputs, but I have not used them for the purpose you are suggesting, but I do set my screen off to the side sometimes to let the kids watch.

Thank you for your reply. I am making notes and we will see. I did find a craigslist advertisment for a Phantom V1.1.1 with fatshark teleporter v3 and a cheap case ($150.00 new), but he wants $700.00 or $650.00 and I don't think it is really worth it. I see the prices at fatshark under compare headsets, these are recomended prices by fatshark, like $199.00 for teleporter v3 but at all the places it is for sale for lke $285.00 or more... whats the deal with that... All of the fatsharks show cheaper prices there then at the retail locations that sell them..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic