Help! Brand new P3A and props won't spin up

Reaction score
Just got the P3A today. All batteries (2 quad and the RC) are or were 100% charged. Had them on the charger at work.

Got home and wanted to do some initial testing indoors. So, without any prop blades attached I did....

1. Connected the phone to the RC.
2. Powered on the RC.
3. Powered on P3A.
4. Waited for slow blinking greens after warmup
5. Launched Lichi
6. Compass Cal (lights confirmed it did it)(and yea, I know it was indoors, will do it again in the field in back)
7. Tinkered with camera, took some pics, some vid. Camera up/down works via dial and Lichi screen.
8. Set/checked default settings in Lichi.
9. Cleared a nice space around the P3A.
10. DId CSC...Both sticks in and down. Held for several seconds.

No apparent change in the craft. Tried CSC out and down. Still nothing. I get live video on screen. I see sats being tracked, data at bottom showing data. Its obviously connected to the RC and sending/receiving data since the camera operates, takes photos/vids.

It however refuses to spin up. I even tried the auto-takeoff, confirmed yes. Nothing, just sits.

Ok, so I figure mabe it can sense no blades. Got those attached and snugged up.

Power on again, connect. Good video, camera moves. Clear even a bigger area (in case it does actually start). CSC down and in. Nothing. Just sits there with red on front and slow blinking green rear.

So, I shut it down and carry it outdoors. Middle of the driveway. Clear sky. Lots of sats, think it had 15. Compass Cal again. CSC and....nothing :( Current battery I think is still at like 96%.

So what am I doing wrong here? Lights say its ready. Lichi shows no errors. Outdoor got a green P-GPS at top indoor switching between yellow and green P-GPS. I am obviously missing something. Probably really huge and obvious. Help an old fart get this bird to pay attention please.

And where in Lichi is the IMU cal? Can't find that in settings.

Just got the P3A today. All batteries (2 quad and the RC) are or were 100% charged. Had them on the charger at work.

Got home and wanted to do some initial testing indoors. So, without any prop blades attached I did....

1. Connected the phone to the RC.
2. Powered on the RC.
3. Powered on P3A.
4. Waited for slow blinking greens after warmup
5. Launched Lichi
6. Compass Cal (lights confirmed it did it)(and yea, I know it was indoors, will do it again in the field in back)
7. Tinkered with camera, took some pics, some vid. Camera up/down works via dial and Lichi screen.
8. Set/checked default settings in Lichi.
9. Cleared a nice space around the P3A.
10. DId CSC...Both sticks in and down. Held for several seconds.

No apparent change in the craft. Tried CSC out and down. Still nothing. I get live video on screen. I see sats being tracked, data at bottom showing data. Its obviously connected to the RC and sending/receiving data since the camera operates, takes photos/vids.

It however refuses to spin up. I even tried the auto-takeoff, confirmed yes. Nothing, just sits.

Ok, so I figure mabe it can sense no blades. Got those attached and snugged up.

Power on again, connect. Good video, camera moves. Clear even a bigger area (in case it does actually start). CSC down and in. Nothing. Just sits there with red on front and slow blinking green rear.

So, I shut it down and carry it outdoors. Middle of the driveway. Clear sky. Lots of sats, think it had 15. Compass Cal again. CSC and....nothing :( Current battery I think is still at like 96%.

So what am I doing wrong here? Lights say its ready. Lichi shows no errors. Outdoor got a green P-GPS at top indoor switching between yellow and green P-GPS. I am obviously missing something. Probably really huge and obvious. Help an old fart get this bird to pay attention please.

Have you tried it with the Go App?

You'll need to register your Phantom in DJI GO first.

No, never ran the Go app since I got the P3. Ran it like once before I received it. Not since. Seeing screenshots and capability features, I wanted to run Lichi first.

And I have no intention of registering with the FAA right now.

You'll need to register your Phantom in DJI GO first.

Use GO first to register the Phantom. Also, if you can't find the IMU cal in Litchi just do it on DJI GO. You are trying to do too much too fast lol :)

Wait...I re-read yalls posts. You aren't taking about FAA registration are you?

Should it spin up without props? I would prefer to do initial testing sans props indoors. I don't want this thing hugging the ceiling.

You aren't taking about FAA registration are you?
No. Install the DJI GO app and follow all of the prompts when it starts up. Once all is working there, you should be able to use Litchi.

Should it spin up without props? I would prefer to do initial testing sans props indoors. I don't want this thing hugging the ceiling.
It will run without the props.

Stupid GO app. Constantly locking up. Now it thinks I have a P3Pro. Its a P3Adv. Now what?

Ok, finaly gave up, let it register a P3P. Now the motors spin up :)

What a garbage app. It would run only a minute or two before freezing. Now I got good control on lichi. Spins up, throttles up. So looks like a test flight is in order outside.

Thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate the fast comebacks.

Samsung Galaxy S5. The app would run for a miute or two and freeze. Lucky that it remembered info (drone name, etc) so each time I could get further down the register process.

First flight went well. Auto takeoff. But I don't see an auto land in Litchi. No biggie. Was able to land it just fine on the sidewalk.

I must say its is WAAAAAY easier to fly than a single rotor heli. Way.

One granddaughter was in the shower, uploading raw vid to youtube. Probably looks like garbage right now. WIll process it to look a bit better another night.

Oh, is there a front red lights off/on in lichi? I can't find one. Lucky the GO app ran long enough to turn them off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4