HELP...AV won't fully connect

Reaction score
I had a small crash and the gimbal was flopping about afterwards at startup. I went ahead and swapped out the flat flex cable and made sure all the motors were aligned properly. The camera and gimbal seemed to act right on start up initialization. The AC link light is green. The camera light is green. But the RC light stays solid red. The GO app says the remote is connected but the AC is not connected. I can't see anything from the camera view, but I'm able to move the camera with the RC so it's somewhatconnected, just not synced up with the GO app. As far as I know I can't fly the drone because I don't know how to take off without the use of the GO app. Although I don't want to fly it without the app. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try re-linking your controller to your aircraft?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps.

It has to do with your wifi antennas. Check the black and grey wires going to the gimbal. One is for transmit and the other is receive. They are small coaxial cables.

Yeah I'm familiar with those. I've taken them off and on several times, at least where they connect to the gimbal. Before I messed with it I marked the black location with a sharpie so I wouldn't install them backwards. I'm pretty sure they are connected correctly at the gimbal. Is there somewhere in the aircraft where I need to check a connection?

I had that same problem. They go to two flat disks on each side of the phantom. I took mine out and hooked it up one last time before I bought replacements and it worked. I put them back and all was fine. Don't know why

I had that same problem. They go to two flat disks on each side of the phantom. I took mine out and hooked it up one last time before I bought replacements and it worked. I put them back and all was fine. Don't know why
Thanks for the direction. I'll check those wires sometime this weekend.

I triple checked the black and grey antenna wires. I checked the big square pads where they are mounted and look fine...and I checked where they are connected on the board by the gimbal.

I also tried relinking again and it just times out.

Any other ideas?

It is a WiFi problem or try rebooting everything. That is all I can help you with. Sorry.

I wouldn't think that the antenna cables or the little discs on the end would go bad, but I see replacements so I assume they can. Should I try and replace those?

I'm kinda at a loss now. I've tried everything I can think of and I've read lots and lots of posts. I'd much rather repair myself, but this is actually my sons drone and I gotta get it back working again so I'm thinking about sending it off somewhere for repair.

Try rebooting the app and signing in one last time.

Another thought. is a power issue.
Is your ribbon cable good. 12 volts on 4 wires in a line and the other 4 lines are ground.
If the top gimbal board has something wrong with it, that could affect your wifi.
Good luck.

I bought and installed a new ribbon cable. I got a DJI version and not a cheap knockoff.

I'll try to reinstall the app and login again...maybe get to it tomorrow.

Well still no luck after reinstalling the app. I'm gonna trying taking the new ribbon cable back off and reinstalling just to make sure all the contacts are good. Not sure what else to try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers