Help ASAP! Can you the RC with out the app

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a Phantom 3 Pro. The seller was on his way to meet me at a flying field. He stopped close to his house to do a bit of a pre-flight.

Now the app is forcing a upgrade. He said he upgraded the rc, but not the ac. He has to go back home to do it.

The link light is red. Can he manually relink with out the app just to get the thing off the ground. The app is saying disconnected and the ac will not run.

I tried googling for an answer but everything I found tells how to do it through the app.

He swears everything was great 2 weeks ago when he last flew it. And I believe him. Would you guys agree things are just screwed up mid upgrade. Thanks

Last edited:
Should be able to fly as the long as you can link the controller to the copter.. my app crashes all the time and I still fly. Not sure if the rc will link to the copter if there in a different software

So is there a way to link it with out the app. The motors won't start. The link light is red.

You didn't specify which aircraft but:

By the way, if the RC was updated and not the AC. They may not link. The versions have to match. Not necessarily number wise but functional wise.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
By the way, if the RC was updated and not the AC. They may not link. The versions have to match. Not necessarily number wise but functional wise.

Ya. That's what I thought too. I guess he just needs to finish the update.

BTW. I edited the op. It's a P3P.

Ya. That's what I thought too. I guess he just needs to finish the update.

BTW. I edited the op. It's a P3P.
Another potential option is to downgrade the RC so that the RC and the AC are again at the FW versions that the seller said were working "great" two weeks ago. Then you can make the choice later if you want to update anything.

Give the guy a chance as i'm sure he wants to sell it and things do happen.
Let us know how the buy goes and I hope all goes well ...

if anyone needs to know how to downgrade FW on P3A or P let me know.
it's pretty simple process, all you need is the FW bin file you want to downgrade to and "erase" bin file.
which essentially erases the memory of the Phantom and puts on a FW version of your choice.

UPDATE:

The guy called all excited and said he took it back home and did the fw update. All was good. It's starting. No issues. But no room to fly at his home. Said to meet him at his farm and we can fly it and do the deal.

So I get there and he's all happy ready to show me what it can do. Go to start it by moving the sticks to start the motors and the app says "Warning, IMU initializing. Do not move aircraft until initialization is complete" So we wait and wait and nothing is happening.

Then it says disconnected. We did everything. Reset the wifi, restarted the app, did what ever we could.

Then we get a restricted fly zone warning. We tried to bypass that but it wanted a credit card number,,,lol. Well guess what. His farm is right next to a small airport. I started seeing planes flying all around. So I figured that was it. Duh!!

So we tried to run it with out the app. The motors would not start. We were both hot and sweaty, and aggravated. I truly believed he was as shocked as me.

Well I had drove a hour to get there. He said he could have his buddy look at it over the week end and we could go from there. He could see my disappointment. He said since I came so far if I wanted to take it and mess with it he would knock $100 off. And if I couldn't get it going he would give me my money back.

So I kept thinking it had to do with the airport right next door. So I took it home. I turned it on and it started right up. I thought I'll be danged. I just saved $100.

So I hook my ipad mini up to it. It all looks good. Scroll through everything, all is well. Says ready to take off. Now it saying the same warning about the imu again and won't start. As soon as I hit the joy sticks I get this warning.

I honestly can't remember if it ever did start with the app running on my ipad when I got it home. But I swear it was running.

I'm trying to run it with out the app. I'm just get the rear leds flashing red and green. It's taking forever and acts like it trying to warm up. But it just won't come on.

I do hear what sounds like a fan running. But I don't think there is a fan is there. It has to be a gimbal motor I guess. Could this have anything to do with it. I do not hear this on my standard.

Any ideas. Thanks.

if anyone needs to know how to downgrade FW on P3A or P let me know.
it's pretty simple process, all you need is the FW bin file you want to downgrade to and "erase" bin file.
which essentially erases the memory of the Phantom and puts on a FW version of your choice.

Let's have the info please,,,lol.

And what version do I want.

It just dawned on me. IMU calibration might be need after fw update.

So I'm running that now.

Do you guys think that could be it,,,,lol.

When you get all that done you might sign out completely then sign back in to dji.com and see if that helps. Good luck

Is the Pro supposed to make this noise. Sounds like a fan or motor running continuously.

Turn the volume up. Pay no attention to the noise at the end that sounds like a cat purring. I see a lot of videos doing that. Must be some kind of interference when the camera gets close.

It just dawned on me, When you hooked your ipad mini up to it does your ipad have the same GoApp that you flew your Standard with ?,if so that could be one problem as you probably need to down load the right App for the P3P but I could be wrong.

Forgive my ignorance. But how do I do that,,,lol.
Hi get to this screen and click top right setting button
15018033344781549290279.jpg
1501803384950-1612981148.jpg
sorry for bad pics

It just dawned on me, When you hooked your ipad mini up to it does your ipad have the same GoApp that you flew your Standard with ?,if so that could be one problem as you probably need to down load the right App for the P3P but I could be wrong.

Yes it is the same app. I was just going to post a new thread about can 2 drones share 1 ipad.

But everything seems to be working the same as when the seller had his ipad hooked up. And still nothing with no app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl