HELP: After-Market Gimbal

Reaction score
I recently built a custom gimbal but im having a little issue getting it workingh properly and I’m not sure on the optimal way to control it.

If I plug the Gimbal (brushless motor) into the F1 port on the Naza-M-V2, all it does is lock its position, but it doesn’t move or respond to any inputs.

If I use a standard servo it works fine, it so the NAZAs F1 port and the slider are working fine, but not with the motor Im using in this gimbal

I only need the one F1 channel for the camera will pan left and right with the slider on the transmitter, preferable in the “FPV-Locked” State. I don’t need any auto-correction so it should be quite simple but im not getting it…

I’ve have worked with brushless motors before and used ESC’s, but I can’t see that being what I need here, these mini brushless motors draw very little current, and I need slow methodical movement, and quick response, not high-speed or torque like a ESC typically does.

What am I missing here? What is my best option to let me pan this little brushless motor left and right with the slider and all I need is around 40 degrees.

The best I can come up with is a simple gimbal controller, and use only the angle-controller portion, and use it to set the limits of movement,

What am I looking for? Do they make a stripped down version of a GCU? What is the circuitry would I be using to do this?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• POSTx1Gimbal.jpg
    POSTx1Gimbal.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 461
wow , that was friendy :((

I guess I posted here because it went out from the factory is a "Phantom II Vision +" but in this case it is carrying a diferent gimbal and camera I want to use.

~Tasha~

Attachments

• MD-post.jpg
    MD-post.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 442
I did a quick fix (see pic above ) to keep it straight until i can figure it out how to pan pan

Not many here will have experience in adding a third party gimbal. You'd be best off posting in the general section.

I can't help you with your problem but that looks like a nice setup! What camera are you running? It looks like it's got a pretty good optical zoom?

Try plugging it into F2. Top pin = ground, middle = power, bottom = signal.

Nice! Also great to know that aftermarket gimbals for the P2V+ are out there. I really hope you get it working!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20