Help, advice and info request

Reaction score
Hi, so I am fairly new to quadcopters. I have been flying a syma x5c and x5sc for a few months now, and am starting to get some control over it...and bored.
I realize this is a dji owner forum and I apologize if I'm in the wrong place but I don't see many quadcopter forums through tapatalk, or on the web. At least not active ones.
You see thanks to being disabled I have a fairly limited amount of funds to work with and am trying to find a decent fpv copter with a good camera platform to move up to. The least expensive twp packages I've seen is something called a "wingsland" and the other is a cheersonx22. I would love a djiphantom3 or solo. Not sure of the differences between any of them, and can't find a knowledgeable person near me .
If anyone can give me some direction, knows of a good vendor or sale going on I would greatly appreciate it.
The major features for me are build quality, upgradeability, return to home, altitude hold, GPS and fpv.
And finally price, ideally my ceiling is 500$ (ish)
If anyone can spare the time your knowledge would priceless.
Thank you

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum!
You're smart to do some research on your purchase. Keep in mind, this is not a cheap hobby. You will undoubtedly need accessories to go along with your bird of choice.

What I would do, is look in the classified section of this forum. People here will sell their used kits when they upgrade. You should avoid buying from anyone with a low post count, as they might have just joined to sell a crashed or water-damaged bird. A member named Hunch sells refurbished Phantoms. He had some P2V+ for about $500.00.

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum!
You're smart to do some research on your purchase. Keep in mind, this is not a cheap hobby. You will undoubtedly need accessories to go along with your bird of choice.

What I would do, is look in the classified section of this forum. People here will sell their used kits when they upgrade. You should avoid buying from anyone with a low post count, as they might have just joined to sell a crashed or water-damaged bird. A member named Hunch sells refurbished Phantoms. He had some P2V+ for about $500.00.
Thank you so much! Can anyone buy from the classies here?
Also, for the sake of argument, is there a less expensive brand that would be a decent performer for someone who, quite frankly is "on a budget."-I should probably just hold off and keep an eye there Xmas is coming. Lol

Reactions: Fplvert
Yes, anyone can buy off the forum, most of the vendors take PayPal which is very convenient for both parties.

I can't speak for other brands. I just love Phantoms for their performance and video. FPV is incredible with a gimbal and a compatible tablet or phone. Bang for buck, DJI is way ahead.

Keep an eye out for Christmas deals.;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes, anyone can buy off the forum, most of the vendors take PayPal which is very convenient for both parties.

I can't speak for other brands. I just love Phantoms for their performance and video. FPV is incredible with a gimbal and a compatible tablet or phone. Bang for buck, DJI is way ahead.

Keep an eye out for Christmas deals.;)
Looks like that's what ill be doing.
Are their any other sources of information? All I've found so far is here, quadcopter101, and gearbest.

Looks like that's what ill be doing.
Are their any other sources of information? All I've found so far is here, quadcopter101, and gearbest.
Sure, scroll down and you'll find Yuneek and 3dr pilots forums.

DJI the best though, ;)

Good luck Tony!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you very much!
-I'm gonna agree with you at this point, notice where I started. Lmao

I would stick with hunch if buying used I have not seen one bad deal with him .
Please watch from anyone else ask for a lot of pics and do not gift the payment . Like above look at the post count on the member look to see when they joined . Be safe PM hunch see what he has .
GL !

Reactions: Fplvert and T0ny3
DJI the best though, ;)

frankwangsmiling.jpg
Thumbs up.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members