Help a colorblind brother out...

Reaction score
This group has been great. I'm color blind and can't see any difference between the green and yellow flashing LED's, yes they look the same to me. My wife has been great helping me out but she's not as interested in driving to the local field everytime just to watch me fly, go figure... ;)

On the cell phone app I can see when the satellites are locked in (the icon turns blue like the other ones). Here's my question, is there anyway to tell if the drone has found it's home location by looking at just the app screen alone? Again I can't rely on the color of the LED's under the drone. I never want to take off if the home location is not found. If you have 6 or more satellites does that mean it is locked in on home? I hope I can find away around needing to use the LEDs.

Thanks again!

Can you look on radar ? Or the maps ? I know I can see i am and the phantom is in maps. But not sure if that's home location.
If you have 6 or more sats you could fly out a little and click on home lock and see if it comes back towards you when pull your stick back. You have to be in naza mode.
**** now you have no way to get away from your wife! I can hear now " turn left ! Stop , can't you see what your doing !" OMG

the yellow lights blink slow, and then there's a rapid (green to us) blink sequence when the Phantom gets gps position and locks home. I suppose if you had your eye out for that rapid sequence that would be your indicator?

What Mori suggests would work, but there's an easier way without switching to Naza mode. Failsafe (return to home) mode can be enabled on the RC's right toggle switch in the Phantom Assistant software: go to the Basic / RC tab then take a look at Control Mode Switch. The option by default is NormalFly but change that to failsafe and then when you switch the right toggle down, the Phantom will go into Failsafe mode.
If it's lower than 20 meters, it will ascend to 20 meters, go to it's home position and land
if it's higher than 20 meters, it will go to it's home position and land.
The slow green blink we normally see in NormalFly will blink faster yellow while it's in failsafe. (but not as rapid as the aforementioned gps lock)

Furthermore, you can regain control at any time by switching the toggle back up and resume control

this feature is great for testing that your Failsafe / RTH is working properly from a short distance when you have plenty of time to recover form any problems like if it goes the wrong way but that's highly unlikely if you waited for the aforementioned rapid blink sequence.

hope that helps

I've posted about it a few times before, but if you're interested in an LED solution and don't mind a little soldering and (very) basic arduino coding, I have a potential solution for the phantom 1 or other Naza-m v2 MR. The integrated ESC LEDs on the p2v are a bit different and will take a bit more sleuthing.

What colors can you see really well?
If you buy 4 esc's I will change the LED'S for you.

Just by my user name here you can find where I live,
That is also my ebay ID you can look at my ratings as a seller and a buyer.

Or you can have just about any decent hobby shop tech do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik