Hello to PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum albertz .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum albertz .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks, it is my intention to get involved ...AFTER I learn how to fly this thing and yes , there will be many questions.

Reactions: dirkclod
Right guys I have a few questions . Hoping you will direct me to the correct threads where I can learn a few things and keep out of the introduction pages..

Is it essential to update software / firmware? If so how do I find out the version I already have? The manual that came with the P3 is not as easy to follow for a novice..anything on here which would help me learn more. I was used to a small beginner drone where the throttle was on the up/down stick, I would prefer that on this craft. Can I be directed to some video lessons from here please? Thanks and sorry for being a pest.

No need for apologies. Like you i am new to phantoms having changed from 250 sized fpv quads.
For me one of the hardest things was installing the DJI driver so it could recognise the bird in Windows 10.
Anyway if you connect to flight assistant it will tell you what version you have and inform you of upgrades - if any.
Do you mean your previous quad was in mode 2 with "throttle" on left? If so my phantom is also mode 2.
There are lots of helpful YouTube clips on just about every aspect of the DJI range

No need for apologies. Like you i am new to phantoms having changed from 250 sized fpv quads.
For me one of the hardest things was installing the DJI driver so it could recognise the bird in Windows 10.
Anyway if you connect to flight assistant it will tell you what version you have and inform you of upgrades - if any.
Do you mean your previous quad was in mode 2 with "throttle" on left? If so my phantom is also mode 2.
There are lots of helpful YouTube clips on just about every aspect of the DJI range

cheers mate.Yes I had a syma X5SW..basic but a bit of fun.The first time I lifted the phantom off the ground it was like mini to Roller. I really need to get into learning this properly.

No I have not....hair all gone .....I know this sounds silly but WHAT one do I download? Is there a specific link ?

Once the driver is installed and recognized, the firmware will be displayed in flight assistant and it will tell you what upgrades are available. Hope this helps, I'm sure there are plenty other more experienced pilots on here who can go into more detail, but at least I have recently had to go through all this on my P1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1