Hello Phantom Pilots!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new pilot, I recently bought a small drone to fly around for a bit and after a couple weeks, I decided I wanted to get hands on a P3 and that's exactly what I've done.

I'm comfortable flying the drone, however I've got a few questions for you pro's and I'm looking to get introduced into some more knowledge about flying these machines.

I'm sure these questions have probably been answered before, In fact I know in most cases they have, but I'm not quite familiar with all the phrases and abbreviations and what not, so I'm sorry if I'm just another bloke that's not knowing what he's doing ;)

First of all, I'm prompted to update my RC firmware from the DJI App, I've got through this stage (it gets to 100%) and tells to reboot my RC. After doing this though, I'm prompted once more to update the firmware, It's done this about three times in a row and I'm a bit confused. I bought my drone from a 'official retailer' or something along those lines, brand new and unopened (as far as I'm aware). Could it be possible I'm already up to date, despite the prompt? and if not, where do I go from here?

I also took my phantom out for a quick flight the other day, got to grips with recording and the feel of the flight etc, and I can't help but notice the lack of quality in my final videos (including some glitching and distortion) in my files. I've set my video size to 4K / 3840x2160 / 30FPS [I'm using the Pro]. Doing some searching, I'm seeing similar results, but I'm not quite sure where to go about the fixes.

The MicroSD in my reader currently is a SanDisk 32GB Extreme, yet the 'Slow SD Card' error persists, and formatting on the DJI Go App says reaches a "timeout" message. Should I be using MP4 instead of MOV? Is this all that's reducing my quality? or should I be using 4096x2160!?

I studied Photography through secondary school and A levels (I'm a UKer here), so I know some bits and bobs about file formats, but I just can't seem to get these errors ironed out, probably because I don't have the mental capacity to understand it all just yet but I don't want to danger my drone or persist with a somewhat flakey outcome with video.

Hope to interact with you all soon, and hopefully resolve these errors.

Also, just for the topic of discussion, how long has everyone been flying? :)

Reactions: Mark C.
Hi all,

I'm a new pilot, I recently bought a small drone to fly around for a bit and after a couple weeks, I decided I wanted to get hands on a P3 and that's exactly what I've done.

I'm comfortable flying the drone, however I've got a few questions for you pro's and I'm looking to get introduced into some more knowledge about flying these machines.

I'm sure these questions have probably been answered before, In fact I know in most cases they have, but I'm not quite familiar with all the phrases and abbreviations and what not, so I'm sorry if I'm just another bloke that's not knowing what he's doing ;)

First of all, I'm prompted to update my RC firmware from the DJI App, I've got through this stage (it gets to 100%) and tells to reboot my RC. After doing this though, I'm prompted once more to update the firmware, It's done this about three times in a row and I'm a bit confused. I bought my drone from a 'official retailer' or something along those lines, brand new and unopened (as far as I'm aware). Could it be possible I'm already up to date, despite the prompt? and if not, where do I go from here?

I also took my phantom out for a quick flight the other day, got to grips with recording and the feel of the flight etc, and I can't help but notice the lack of quality in my final videos (including some glitching and distortion) in my files. I've set my video size to 4K / 3840x2160 / 30FPS [I'm using the Pro]. Doing some searching, I'm seeing similar results, but I'm not quite sure where to go about the fixes.

The MicroSD in my reader currently is a SanDisk 32GB Extreme, yet the 'Slow SD Card' error persists, and formatting on the DJI Go App says reaches a "timeout" message. Should I be using MP4 instead of MOV? Is this all that's reducing my quality? or should I be using 4096x2160!?

I studied Photography through secondary school and A levels (I'm a UKer here), so I know some bits and bobs about file formats, but I just can't seem to get these errors ironed out, probably because I don't have the mental capacity to understand it all just yet but I don't want to danger my drone or persist with a somewhat flakey outcome with video.

Hope to interact with you all soon, and hopefully resolve these errors.

Also, just for the topic of discussion, how long has everyone been flying? :)
Congratulations on your new P3 and welcome from New Hampshire. I've had my P4 for 3 weeks now and enjoying every moment with it. This is an excellent source for getting your questions answered and learning more, I have found YouTube as a great source to help with the learning curve. Have fun flying and enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.