Hello......newbie here

Reaction score
Just received my Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon and I also ordered under "buyers also bought this with your item" SanDisk ULTRA 64gb microSDXC UHS-1 class 10 SD card.The P3S will not format and says "invalid SD card".I checked card on my PC,Laptop,and tablet and it works fine.I even formatted on my pc to exfat.P3S still says invalid card.I called DJI support and they said it should work.The stock SanDisk ULTRA microSDHC 8gb card works fine.Why won't my 64gb card work and what 64gb card will work for my drone?

You are not alone; I had exact same issue. Just return it to Amazon and get either a Sony SR64UY2A/TQ or Samsung Evo+ MB-MC64DA/AM. Both work fine in my P3S.

You are not alone; I had exact same issue. Just return it to Amazon and get either a Sony SR64UY2A/TQ or Samsung Evo+ MB-MC64DA/AM. Both work fine in my P3S.
Actually I need more space in my tablet so I will put it in there and buy what you suggest at Best Buy.Thank you.

I wanna know why DJI says my card will work and it doesn't.Pisses me off.Why do they not have an SD card reference on their site???

Unfortunately not all cards are created equal. That would be nice if they had a list of compatible cards that have been tested by them.

I had 32gb Samsung EVO in my tablet.I put the 64gb in my tablet and the 32gb EVO in my P3S and everything seems to work.I hope 32gb is enough @ 25 minutes of recording.This saves me a return hassle and then some.

Good to hear. Rule of thumb for 4K 30fps videos is 2 mins of recording for every 1GB. So you should get at least 70 mins for a 32GB card with 2.7K recoding from P3S.

Good to hear. Rule of thumb for 4K 30fps videos is 2 mins of recording for every 1GB. So you should get at least 70 mins for a 32GB card with 2.7K recoding from P3S.
That is plenty then because every time the battery runs low and I land that video will be dumped onto my laptop and then reformat card while re-charging battery.I am to cheap to spend $150 on a second battery.;)

Shiat......just a couple posts on this forum I learned tons more info then calling DJI support.I doubt they even tested or even have the REAL facts on their products.

Can't disagree with you. This forum is very helpful and informative [emoji106]

Ken looking at the SanDisk Ultra 64 sdxc and the Samsung Evo 64 i did notice there seems to be a difference in how they are formatted. I put the two cards in the comparison mode on Newegg and took a look at the Sdcard.org site to see how they match up. Per SDcard.org "SDXC standard - over 32GB-2TB SDXC memory card using exFAT file system" which holds true for the Sandisk. Interestingly the Samsung 64 does have the SDXC marking on it but on most sites including Samsung, companies seem to market the card as SDHC even in the specs section of Samsung's site. Per SDcard.org "SDHC standard - over 2GB-32GB SDHC memory card using FAT32 file system" The stock card the P3S comes with is also using the SDHC standard with FAT32 formatting. So this could be part of the reason the Samsung works and the Sandisk doesn't. Samsung also markets that card as being more cross compatible among host devices so you can worry more about the picture and less about the tech. The Samsung also has a higher write speed 20mb/s which is what you would want for at least 2k video but it seems the Sandisk has a speed of 10mb/s which wouldn't work well if at all per SDcard.org standards. i hope this helps, and i wouldn't necessarily give up on Sandisk or DJI they just need to talk better among'st themselves :)

I got a SanDisk Ultra 64 card today and I could not get it to work in my P3S. I tried formatting on my computer I used both OSX and Windows 7 to format, and I also tried to use SanDisk's SD card formatting utility software. All of these things failed. Per the recommendation of mandalay, I sent the SD card back to Amazon and ordered the Sony SR64UY2A/TQ. Hopefuly the new card will work when I receive it!

I got a SanDisk Ultra 64 card today and I could not get it to work in my P3S. I tried formatting on my computer I used both OSX and Windows 7 to format, and I also tried to use SanDisk's SD card formatting utility software. All of these things failed. Per the recommendation of mandalay, I sent the SD card back to Amazon and ordered the Sony SR64UY2A/TQ. Hopefuly the new card will work when I receive it!
Success with the Sony SR64UY2A/TQ! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj